• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my $.02

dvs

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Well first off this game is pretty good I wasnt happy about missing the moment of opening because i had to go to work before it was released due to some delays but its no big deal.

Well one thing i noticed about this game is the main menu is pretty plain, i think if you updated that a little maybe some better layout? How about a loading bar when loading into maps?

Also starting money when you join a game already in progress is well pathetic, ive come across a lot of players who simply do not want to help anyone so your stuck with a pistol until the next round which sucks.

Also can the time for the shop be a little longer? Say another minute? I hate trying to buy weapons so quickly only to have it kick me out before i get my new weapon chosen and then again im stuck with a pistol.

Also the splash screen when the game is being started looks a tad... crappy? but this is just aesthetics im complaining about.

I think that there should be a option in the server menu to see what difficulty server your joining or what game type because they all look the same to me, text is hard to read as well could we not make the server browser text black? That why it stands out against the red.

I think the disorient effect when your hit last a little too long for my taste, yes its a nice feature but it last quite a while, also is there anyway to have a crosshair in this game? I dont like the idea that im firing aimlessly and not sure if my bullets are hitting or not, this also makes it VERY difficult to aim for the heads.

Is it possible to add a physics system into the game? Possibly agiea ( well nvidia now) that why Nvidia gpus could process the physx or heck even Havok physics would be a good upgrade because ATI cards can run those on the gpu as well, maybe just a very basic one so that why objects are movable? like perhaps i wanna shoot or push a bed in front of a door way for some extra protection... I know there are plenty of open source physics engines out there that add basic support for such things as I my self have worked with a few when I produced mods for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (kinda ironic I made the original zombie mod for that game which btw rocked ) lol.

What is with the doors? Many times I have run up to a door to close it and it didnt move, i had to litterally put my self in harms way and close it from the outside where the horde of zombies were attacking just to close it and hope i got in before the doors closed.

Weapons are ok but I dont like that flash light can only be used on select weapons (like pistols and shotgun) and reloading sucks because you cannot interuppt it while in the process to pull out another gun if you get attacked you have to wait, then itll switch which kinda defeats the purpose of switching in the first place.

How about when a zombie kills you... you turn into one? Not sure if you could do this but it was possible when I was coding C++ for enemy territory, yes it took alot of work to accomplish but eventually it worked, perhaps zombies could be a tad stronger too? Stabbing them with my knife is a litlte too easy if you ask me...

I think you have a nice game here that needs some polishing and If my suggestions helped at all that would be nice, I just hope this game gets continual updates and isnt left as is because it has the potential to be something even greater, perhaps support for 12 players in a server if the game engine isnt the limiting factor.

Just my suggestions, dvs

Also can the time for the shop be a little longer? Say another minute? I hate trying to buy weapons so quickly only to have it kick me out before i get my new weapon chosen and then again im stuck with a pistol.

This is WAD. If you notice, beginner has a longer duration than harder levels. If you plan properly, then you should start fighting your way over to the trader by the time the wave is running out.

I think that there should be a option in the server menu to see what difficulty server your joining or what game type because they all look the same to me, text is hard to read as well could we not make the server browser text black? That why it stands out against the red.

You can already see the difficulty. On the left side each server has a number and color of bars that indicate the difficulty.

also is there anyway to have a crosshair in this game? I dont like the idea that im firing aimlessly and not sure if my bullets are hitting or not, this also makes it VERY difficult to aim for the heads.

Oh boy, :rolleyes:. Use your iron sights there slick.

Upvote 0
No, it's just like in RO, you use the weapon model to draw a line and anticipate where the rounds will go. It's not hard at all. I don't think KF has any free-aim either so that makes it even easier. No dotting involved.
I prefer not using the ironsight, it blocks the screen so much. I've gotten used to shooting, as you said, drawing a 'line' to hit the targets. It isn't as hard as it sounds.

Upvote 0