• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I do these things in the game?

Jaek

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
1) How do I turn off the shopkeeper's voice and the other guys voice who keeps telling me he is reloading. It's really detracting from the game.

2) How can I make it so I can switch weapons with my mouse wheel like in other games? (I don't mean pop up a menu with the scroll wheel, but actually switch the weapon)

3) How can I use my alternate fire key as the zoom for the iron sights. When I have the rifle my alternate fire key becomes unused and I don't have enough fingers on my left hand to assign an extra one to that weapon's zoom.

1-I assume there must be a way to replace the sound files, but no option at the moment.

2-I would LOVE to be able to just scroll through my inventory like in other games. Until they add that I would recommend you to set your controls like I did:

Mouse wheel up selects my primary weapon.

Mouse wheel down selects my pistol.

Q selects the medic syringe (and wleder if it's pressed again).

this works really well, to bad I still have to hit 1 to select my knife.

3-I don't think I got that question sorry. Which button do you want to bind?

Upvote 0
I'd recommend against trying to disable the reloading audio. It's pretty vital in this game to know when the guy next to you is reloading so you both don't start reloading at the same time while horde of enemies rushes towards you.

This.

The reloading sounds are pretty vital, but yeah, maybe they occur a bit too often (from the movies I've seen). TW can make it so that they occur more often if it gets more chaotic, or if there are only two or three guys left alive.

Upvote 0
Reloading sounds are fine. I play the non Retail version a lot and you always know when the guy beside you is reloading because you're both firing and neither has unlimited ammo. I believe just the normal sounds of the clips/gun parts reloading is enough. I'll try your advice of removing the sound files. I can't turn off the audio completely because then I can't hear where the specimen are.

As for the mouse scrolling. It took me a while to figure out a combination that lets me choose weapons. I couldn't find one that let me choose the 9mm like you said but I found a combination that works. It makes me wonder how the weapon key bindings could have been turned into such a mess. It'd assume the 'less is more' approach slipped someone's mind or the mod guys didn't get a say in that part.

I'm using Quick Iron Sights as my alternate fire now. They should have named it alternate fire and then named alternate fire "A key that confuse us".

It's possible that the key bindings all made perfect sense for other people who came from game that used them before.

Upvote 0