• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO weapons KF!

BEAR ZOMBIE CAVALRY.

2enm2oh.jpg

This is the only flaw in the design. Nazi Zombies are surely a bit awesomer by the fact that they're nazi's, but if the soviets are zombies you can have bear cavalry, which is the awesomest thing ever. Plus, I'd much prefer to mow down zombies with an MG42, Tiger Tank, or Half Track than the soviet offerings. So maybe Soviets should be the zombies. :)

For vehicles to work.. we'd need to be able to have like 150+ zombies i think. Dunno how servers will handle all the zombie ai's.. so far in screens we've only seen a few. ^^

The bigger question is if we can get to soviet model so we only have to mount it on a bear and animate >_>
I could make a zombie skin easily, but it's annoying without having a model to preview on..

Why shouldn't FP be able to damage it? :x Or throw things at it?
Plus Sirens could detonate the tank rounds like grenades. :D

I'm actually thinking it'd probably be better with putting the KF zombies and stuff into RO. RO maps would work better for a lot of things, after modifications..
Dude,it REALLY SEEMS that you never played KF 2.5,if you say 150 zeds would be almost impossible,think again 3x,Sometimes in KF more than 200 can appear in the screen..

Upvote 0
BEAR ZOMBIE CAVALRY

This is the only flaw in the design. Nazi Zombies are surely a bit awesomer by the fact that they're nazi's, but if the soviets are zombies you can have bear cavalry, which is the awesomest thing ever. Plus, I'd much prefer to mow down zombies with an MG42, Tiger Tank, or Half Track than the soviet offerings. So maybe Soviets should be the zombies. :)

For vehicles to work.. we'd need to be able to have like 150+ zombies i think. Dunno how servers will handle all the zombie ai's.. so far in screens we've only seen a few. ^^

The bigger question is if we can get to soviet model so we only have to mount it on a bear and animate >_>
I could make a zombie skin easily, but it's annoying without having a model to preview on..

Why shouldn't FP be able to damage it? :x Or throw things at it?
Plus Sirens could detonate the tank rounds like grenades. :D

I'm actually thinking it'd probably be better with putting the KF zombies and stuff into RO. RO maps would work better for a lot of things, after modifications..

Soviet zombies would be nice. :D But I think it would require less coding to put RO stuff in KF than to put KF stuff in RO. KF is designed for zombies, RO isn't.

Upvote 0
Dude,it REALLY SEEMS that you never played KF 2.5,if you say 150 zeds would be almost impossible,think again 3x,Sometimes in KF more than 200 can appear in the screen..
This isn't the mod. What I've seen in the retail, there aren't that many.

Other improvements to the game, like better ai, means less zombies or increased server requirements.

I've played the mod.

Soviet zombies would be nice. :D But I think it would require less coding to put RO stuff in KF than to put KF stuff in RO. KF is designed for zombies, RO isn't.
I think so too.. except also need to add stuff like beploying, prone, etc. from RO into KF.

But yeah i think it'll be best to mod KF as it'll probably have a much higher player base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF gameplay on RO maps with RO weapons and the players as German or Russian soldiers, would that be possible? The bolt-action rifles would probably be unsuitable, though. Imagine mowing down an entire wave with an MG-42. :)

New Task:

Take Kriegstadt, reverse it, and have the Russians fighting off Hitler's last-gasp Nazi-Zombie army with captured German weapons!:D

Upvote 0
I'm trying to work on it.
And it's going to be communist zombies, not nazi ones, like i've said a lot.
Communist zombies is more historically accurate. Nazi zombies never happened. (And MG42 and panzerfaust is cooler to use on zombies. :p)

And as far as MG42.. You'll only be able to use it while deployed. :)

I intend to make it very hard, and I definitely want to put in prone and deploying.
One thing making it hard will be that it'll be much harder to run away, especially with it hard to aim on the move and getting mauled while prone.

And I'll probably have damage very low when you aren't hitting heads. So bolts will still be great.

I'm not sure if you should start with pistol, or bolt, or other things.
I'd like to do vehicles too but that'll come later.. I want to actually release stuff soon, not simply have screenshots 6 months from now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes but it obviously can't be balanced that way, or the MG42 will cost a lot.

Also these are specimens, not zombies or humans, so for me I can say that anything besides headshots will hardly do any damage, so accuracy is best.

Plus, you aren't on a beach. It'd be too easy if you could easily stop them from getting close.

Maybe in the future i'll have specimens crash down on flaming planes right in front of you so wide open maps can work.

It would not be fun if everyones goal was to just get the MG42.

Upvote 0