• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better melee system

ickylevel

May 2, 2009
I would like a better melee system , where you can hit several enemies at once. Where damaga are dealt where your weapon is . Like in Dark Messia or Age Of chivalry.

It's probably not going to happen , but right now it's not cool to slash with a weapon and kill only one enemy. You can kill a wide range of enemies with one hit with the knife , and other weapons don't gives you much of an advantage over it if you are very skilled.

Apart from the fact that the animation always plays from start to finish, don't you think your axe, machete or what-have-you would be severely slowed down if not stopped once you hit the first target?
I mean, Schwarzenegger could probbly hit two people in one strike with a huge scythe or something, but if I had to hit two people I would have to strike twice.

Axe needs a tiny little tid bit of more range though and I would prefer if the strike would come from above like in the mod instead of side-to-side, but it doesn't really matter. The tinly little tad more range does matter though. :)

Upvote 0