• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Annoying motion blur?

mattwla

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 12, 2009
First off, I just want to say this is an incredible game. So much fun with a group of friends, some tight teamwork is needed to win, awesome.I love the map design, gun models, gameplay, and so much else.

However, one factor that drives me mad is the motion blur when hit. It is too blurry, and lasts forever. I know you can turn it off in the options menu, but then you also lose the regular motion blur while looking around, that motion blur is awesome and makes the game look much smoother on my old laptop.

So, what I am asking/requesting/demanding/begging for is an option to keep the awesome motion blur, but not have the intrusive hit effect. The hit effect really takes away from the fun, it lasts too long.

As a side note, I feel that flashlights should have a wider view, they are too narrow and it is hard for friends to light the way for you. I think it would be a cool teamwork dynamic if friends could spot with their pistol so you could accurately use flashlightless guns (bullbup, sawn off, etc) in the dark.

I would really like if the motion blur was scaled by the amount of damage you were taking. But regardless I've already adjusted to it because of KF mod. It makes the game more interesting I guess.

I also was appalled at the uselessness of the flashlight. In the dark areas it is next to impossible to fight, even with gun that have flashlights.

It appears they went for the ZP:S thing here, that your flashlight sucks for some reason, to add to the immersion.

Like ZP:S, it doesn't scare me, it only pisses me off to wonder what Flashlight has a 2 minute battery. Every a 2$ one at a Truckstop will last 12 hours on all night, and provide a wider cone. Sure, it doesn't self-recharge, but two minutes worth is just retarded.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the flashlights are great. Make sure you have Projectors and Dynamic Lights enabled in your video options. I haven't tried disabling them yet, but the flashlight looks like a combination of a projector and a dynamic light to me so if it looks weak on your screen, make sure you enabled those.
Motion Blur is great too, btw. It seems a lot at first, but once you get used to it you wouldn't want any less. This and the jerking of your view is what makes the crawlers so annoying and this is also what makes you panic when you suddenly get hit by something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, the flashlights are great. Make sure you have Projectors and Dynamic Lights enabled in your video options. I haven't tried disabling them yet, but the flashlight looks like a combination of a projector and a dynamic light to me so if it looks weak on your screen, make sure you enabled those.
Motion Blur is great too, btw. It seems a lot at first, but once you get used to it you wouldn't want any less. This and the jerking of your view is what makes the crawlers so annoying and this is also what makes you panic when you suddenly get hit by something.
Have to agree, Flashlights no problem here and while the battery recharge is unrealistic, It does add to the atmos when it does fail in a darkened area at just the wrong moment:eek::D
The hit and vomit blur is spot on, otherwise it would be a case of just shrugging it off and standing Your ground while doing a john Rambo, Now when Your Hit it's a good idea to get out of there until You recover or hope that Your teammates realise Your in trouble and come to Your rescue

Upvote 0