• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normal difficulty and Flesh Pound

aop

Grizzled Veteran
May 28, 2006
I have played this game for 7 hours now and every single 7 wave normal difficulty map has ended to Flesh Pounds raping us in 6th or 7th wave. They are way too overpowered at that difficulty level. Enemy that can take 20+ shotgun blasts and kill you in 2 seconds is way too much. Killing it with 6 men team takes more time than it takes for him to kill one or two of us and then another one spawns and finishes the job.

When I played on normal difficulty yesterday, despite the fleshpounds doing much damage (which they really should :D), we didn't have that much trouble killing them fast. I mean when we just quickly focused our damage on it, it died pretty fast. Most of the time we managed to kill them before killing anyone of us (even though it did have a beating or two and some of us :p)

As it is right now I think it fits the difficulty. But that might just be me :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the difficulty in itself might not be a problem. They just need to give off a warning as a more difficult enemy. The game could make sure their roar (spawn) is heard around the map, and that they're a bit more recognizable.

But at the moment I agree, it's just about impossible to kill that thing without SOMEONE dying. It might be cool if the damage from at least 3 players at once gave it a sort of knockback, like it can't force its way through that many bullets.

Upvote 0
also dont forget that you and your friends are probably all still using level 0-1 perks so you are still missing out on a lot of bonus damage that you get with the higher level perks.
This is true but it also makes Normal difficulty quite impossible to new players. I thought harder difficulty levels were ment for more skilled and advanced players.

Beginner difficulty is way too easy for anyone but Normal is just too hard.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see an extra difficulty level to address this. There should be Beginner < EASY < Normal < Hard < Suicidal

Currently beginner is really too easy so is for familiarity only, and I agree Normal is probably too hard in the later waves when you're fairly new to the game. Therefore I propose that Easy can fit somewhere in between that.

Being a KFMod veteran I think Normal Mode should stay the same (KF isn't supposed to be an easy game to beat), but a midpoint between Beginner and Normal would be welcomed.

Upvote 0
Flesh Pounds are actually really passive (see: yellow light). Once you start shooting him with puny weapons, he'll get angry. It does hurt him, and kill him eventually, but you're better off getting someone with a big gun like the LAW.

Two rockets and a bit of small arms fire usually downs a flesh pound. Failing the LAW, double hand cannons rip flesh pounds apart.

And if you're really lacking in the firepower department, you can easily chip away at his health out in the open. He'll start running after someone, and eventually cool off back to yellow mode again. If you have a lot of space (like the outdoors in Farm), the flesh pound is harmless.

An angry flesh pound in the church of West London, however, is quite nasty.

Upvote 0
FP's are not that hard on normal. They require teamwork though, make sure you detect them early and have your team know one is approaching. Then just focus fire like mad with your strongest weapons. You will take it down with our losing people. The Patriarch is hard as well but rightfully so. I have been with teams that have killed the Pat on normal though it just takes good teamwork and you cant just sit and shoot and expect to win.

Upvote 0
It's also worth mentioning that, once you get Rank 3 in different perks, your damage starts increasing by a lot. The difficulty curve of each difficulty setting is relative to the overall group perk ranks. Six Rank 4 players are going to have an easier time with Normal and FPs than a Six Rank 1 or 2 players. I think normal is balanced such that it's 'easy' by the time you rank up that high. FPs are intended to be nightmarish on Normal until you reach that point.

Since you don't need to survive a round to get your progress towards an upgrade, FPs killing lower ranked people and new players isn't that big of a deal.

Upvote 0
So far our Flesh Pound engagements have gone like this:

1. Someone spots him
2. 2-3 people come in visual range and everyone throws 2-3 nades and runs back.
3. After the nades blow up, people open fire and fall back.
4. At this point typically he's either dead or someone's slicing up his arse with a chainsaw.

There was one case when a bad nade killed the entire team rather than did any harm for the Flesh Pound, but otherwise not bad :D

Upvote 0