• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Editor Question

Starkk

May 15, 2009
K I found the editor in the game files so I started it up everythings fine no errors but my left tool bar is totally blank. I have worked with mostly COD Radiant and Source Hammer and only a tad of unrealed and my experience with unrealed I remember a tool bar on the left being full with all kinds of options.

Is there anything I have to do to activate this toolbar?

Thanks, Starkk

I would have posted before, but I wasn't sure if it was just this computer causing the problem. It's happening to me too.

I can manage using the method starkk points out, but it's a bit annoying.

error.jpg

Here's a picture showing what it looks like. Also, after checking the default UT2004 system folder, it's got a folder named 'editorres' containing all the editor icons that are missing. This folder is not in the Killing Floor system folder, and there doesn't seem to be anything similar there. Might this be the problem?

Upvote 0
Success

Success

Success, I got my buttons working, basically if you go onto the Unreal Developer Website and download the non commercial version of the engine... In the system folder there is a folder called "editorres"

It has all the icons for the editor and you basically paste that into the system folder for killing floor...

Worked for me :D

Mapping time!

Upvote 0
Could I just install UnrealEd from my old Editors Edition 2k4, would that work with KF? I think it would be able to but just want to confirm before I venture into the attic.

No it wouldn't work. The editor may look the same but KF uses an updated built of the engine. And to fix the icon problem just copy the editor res folder from UT2k4 or RO in your system folder. Or wait until TWI fixes it :)

Upvote 0