• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First impressions thread!

aweee just had like 50mins before going to work...game made me smile..also someone charged forward besides me when zed time was on whielding a axe and beheaded some baddy in front of me...really fun. I still shows its mod merits but what the heck..its FUN and that what its about...

9. Crosshairs anyone? Even when zoomed in your aiming is hokie and not accurate. When shooting your essentially spamming everywhere to bring something down.
See..thats the problem with people comming from games like l4d ect....iam used to not having them from RO and its GOOD they are not there...:p Also i found them pretty accurate. Only thing that bugs me is, that sometimes if you shoot badys a bit farther away they just dissapear leaving you with a bit unsatifactory little bloodsplat on the ground.

Thank goodness I didnt buy it for my two kids that game as well.
You think games like that are suited for children ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First Impressions... Save your flames...

I respect your opinions, but that's going to be difficult for some people.

Anyway, complaining about graphics on a 5 year old engine is just bad form. IMO they're fantastic for what they are. The weapons feel fluid and realistic, and every shot is satisfying. Crosshairs aren't a big thing to me, since you can more or less judge where the center of your screen is if you need to shoot quickly without aiming.

KF's main menus are just as detailed as any other Source mod's. This includes CS:S, TF2, etc. I've also not experienced a single issue with performance so far in 6 hours of gameplay. If you can run UT2004 you can run Killing Floor. Also it'd be impossible to move to the "Orange Box" engine without completely tearing down the game to its bare roots. It would also make the game a heavy hitter on the hardware. KF has HDR, FSAA, and all the goodies it needs. IMO it looks just as good as recent Source games, L4D standing out only because of its normal mapping and fancy lighting, however. Again, UE2.5 has never looked this good.

But yes the names over people's heads can be fuzzy and unreadable if they're especially long, and there are a few things I could suggest to make the game more easily accessed. Things like a difficulty voting option and some kind of matchmaking system comes to mind.

Personally it sounds like you're letting some fairly minor and personal issues prevent you from hosting this game for your community, and that's really too bad.

Upvote 0
First Impressions... Save your flames... You want honest opinions then put on your big girl panties and accept what I am about to say.

Good try, but dont buy....

I'm not going to flame you but I find many of your opinions to be unfounded.

1. Fair enough, the main menu reminded me of ZPS too

2. I'm sorry but you expect way too much out of the graphics of killing floor. I shouldn't have to remind you but it was $15. What did you expect for $15? AAA game with extra high graphics? Look at every other $15 game on steam none of them have L4D quality graphics right at release. There was trailers and screenshots before release you knew what the game would look like before purchasing.

3. Fair enough opinion

4. Did you set the audio to high mic quality? text is bad but the voice chat is just as good as source games.

5. Game runs fairly stable for me and my friends

6. You expect too much graphics quality for a $15-20 game. if it was $30-40 dollars your claim would hold some value but its not and thats what matters.

7. The footage in the trailer is exactly the same as in the actual game...

8. Wasn't a issue for me but it could be a problem

9. Sorry but this complaint right here explains perfectly why you and your community dislike the game. Killing Floor is not TF2, or L4D, or CSS its not arcade. The game has ironsights and no crosshairs and that was made very clear in the previews before the game released. A lot of work went into actually creating the ironsights and if crosshairs were included that work would go to waste.

Upvote 0
A thing that people do wrong in my opinion. is that people tend to judge a game too fast based on its technology. lets make something clear people.

if a company uses a very recent engine. it doesnt mean the game will have better graphics then an older one. like UE2 for example
Texture resolution, modern Shaders, and polygon count. do not make the graphics.

In my opinion. Art direction /style, level design, lighting and color scheme is what makes good graphics. A good example for this is the first Deus Ex

the game runs on the first unreal engine. has a low polygon count
low res textures (even for its time) but i find it more appealing to look at then crysis. because the art style is outstanding. the industrial mettalic feel with a blueish dark color scheme. thats pretty unique and really creates the cyberpunk atmosphere

Cry engine 2 has indeed stunning visuals, but it lacks to create a unique feel and the decor is very repetetive. it looks impressive for the first 20 minutes
then you are used to it and it turns out to be nothing special, in terms of design and feel.

Thats how i see graphics
and thats why i have respect for tripwires efforts on killing floor
it uses an older technology. but they have created their own unique style.
The detail is high on evrything in the game, nothing feels flat or uninspired.
It just depends on what kind of people are behind the wheel of an engine.

well anyways. TW got itself a new fan :)

Upvote 0
Apart from fact that I and many other ppl can't connect to any server (hopefuly You will fix that isue asap) I must admit that my first impression is very possitive. I played some solo last night and those my first thoughts. Game is very intense. Graphics looks amazing, i didnt expected that KF will look that good. Weapons feels real and powerfull, love the ironsights! Can't wait to play coop with friends :) This game will make wait for RO:HoS a bit easier ;)

So basically, another direct hit confirmed Tripwire. Congtarulations!

Upvote 0
:D great game! What with some ppl saying the graphic are bad o.0? they look pretty damn good! waay better then zp:s i duno why that guy said that has better graphics..

anyways first time playing this game, never playn the mod before and i'm loving this game! only thing i wish that would change is maybe u guys can make it so u have to press a button to activate the slomo shootin thing and make it individual for each person o.0? and make it so u can like only use it every 15-30 secs :D? that'd be pretty sweet..cause it is a little annoying when im just walking and all of a sudden it goes all slow when i did nothing :[. Other than that though this games keeping me waaay more entertained then l4d ever did!

Last edited:
Upvote 0