• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Protection Fault ?

Exportforce

May 13, 2009
Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2402 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (7813)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Windows Vista 64-Bit
GTX260+
4GB RAM
Q6600 @2.4GHZ

Every other program than steam is exited.
Not even ICQ, MSN runs. (And I have no mumble)

Jetto you might want to do a full reinstall like exportforce and verify cache.

uild KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3000 MHz with 4093MB RAM
Video: No Video
History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

thats a copy of what mine says

and what is export force?

Upvote 0
steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor

But the no video as I said usually means the unreal engine is having trouble finding your out your video card info. Make sure your drivers are up to date, then delete your killingfloor.ini file and your user.ini file in your killingfloor/system folder. If it is still having problems see my post of known issues on how to change to direct X 8 mode and try that.

Upvote 0

steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor

But the no video as I said usually means the unreal engine is having trouble finding your out your video card info. Make sure your drivers are up to date, then delete your killingfloor.ini file and your user.ini file in your killingfloor/system folder. If it is still having problems see my post of known issues on how to change to direct X 8 mode and try that.

everything is up to date... just deleted the whole folder going to try to re DL il be back in 20 minutes...

Upvote 0
Well I'm getting this error too but nothing as descriptive as anyone elses.

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3195 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: No Video

History: FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
It's just straight up not detecting my video card. I'm not sure if this is because i'm on a laptop or what. I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700. It's a 128MB card. Not the best but still, it exists.

I'm currently trying the reinstall, but I have also already tried deleting the system folder to no effect. So any ideas?

Upvote 0

It's just straight up not detecting my video card. I'm not sure if this is because i'm on a laptop or what. I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700. It's a 128MB card. Not the best but still, it exists.

I'm currently trying the reinstall, but I have also already tried deleting the system folder to no effect. So any ideas?

yea 90 % done here hopefully it works

Upvote 0

Well I just reinstalled and it still isn't working for me. So is there a way to force the game to recognize my card? My friend on a similar laptop to mine is playing it just fine with out the crashes and errors.

Upvote 0
try what they said before goto c:/program files/ steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor<<< delete that whole files (the killing floor one)

Already tried that too. I first killed the system folder and did the check, and it didn't work. Then i killed the whole killing floor folder and did the check and it didn't work. And i just got done trying a clean install and it didn't work. So at this point I don't know what else to try. I'm still assuming it's a problem with the game being unable to detect my video card.

In any case, I have to go to work now but I'll be checking the forum every so often in hope of an response or a bug fix. Thanks for the help anyway Jetto14, have fun heh.

Upvote 0