• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When does it start

Good grief! Deep breaths... Relax. ;)

This always happens. Always. There is usually some last minute hijinx necessary to the release. This happens with every developer, but we all know that TWI will release a great product when its ready. Furthermore, they will back this product to the bitter end of its life-cycle, unlike many other developers.

Is it frustrating waiting extra hours for a game you've waited months for? You betcha! It will be released soon, and I'm sure the vast majority of us will be pleased with it. Almost immediately, though, we will be clamoring for more updates, fixes, and environments in which to play, and those will be released faster than you would believe. Getting fixes frontloaded makes for better play, a better initial customer reaction, and fewer needs for fixes down the line. It's better to wait now than have to deal with big issues in the game just to meet a deadline.

On the other hand, while the TWI folks are running around with their hair on fire, it must be nice to know that we are out here clamoring to partake in their work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's all true but it's not the point. And I know this isn't specific to Tripwire, its with everything on Steam. How do you post a time and then fail to meet it every time? Imagine if the movies were like that. They say a film is coming out Friday and you get to the theater and they don't have it.

And I'm not saying this as an impatient ***. I actually can't even play until later tonight. I just think that if you pay for something you deserve to get it when you're told you're going to get it. And 3 hours late is not "approximately" the same time as 1.

Of course the game is most likely going to be awesome. Of course TW puts out great stuff with continual updates and is loyal to their community. Of course we're going to be happy with the final product. But that doesn't change the fact that its late and it shouldn't be.

It's not a big deal I'm just saying. If you took off work/school you need to get your priorities straight lol. If you're being immature in chat room you're an idiot too. But fact remains, the game should be out. That is all.

Upvote 0
Yea, Fer heck sakes, cool it fellas!
I've been sticking around here for a bit today as well.
If it don't come out timely as expected...hey cry me a freekin' river.
I was lookin' forward to playing the game a bit before my evening of interest as well.
Gotta go to Lamaze Class with the wife for 3 hours tonight....anyone know what that's gonna be like?

Prolly not.
Have a bit of pity for the Monkeh will ya?

Upvote 0