• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some suggestions for Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Falling on the ground when getting shot in the leg(s)

Falling on the ground when getting shot in the leg(s)

Today I had another idea. Don't worry, no dogs, no robots and no blasters.
I've been thinking of a realistic add to infantry fighting, cause when you're shot in the legs in RO:OST you simply walk slower and you've got a humble animation.
I believe getting shot in the leg will do a lot more influence. So I said why not let the player who's hit in the leg fall to the ground and he's unable to stand up for let's say at least 10 secs. I know this is too few secs, but I've the strong belief that the suicide rate would increase by far if it's longer. Nobody would wait cause he just needs to suicide and he respawns in almost the same time with full health, new loadout and at a better spot.
Therefore it needs to be a punishment for being stupid to get shot in the leg and still too short to choose suicide over waiting for the crawl time has expired.

The falling to the ground I've yet only seen with AI soldiers like in Call of Duty 2. I believe I don't need a video to show off this feature, do I? :)

Upvote 0
Female Russian Soldiers (Idea #2)

Female Russian Soldiers (Idea #2)

Call of Duty 2 featured female Russian soldiers. I was fairly surprised to see this, but as I googled for females in the Red Army I found out that there were extremely many women in the Red Army compared to any other army of that time. They all were forced by Stalin to defend the Motherland.

Example from Call of Duty 2:

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=RussianFemaleSodiers.flv

So my suggestion is why not implement female soldiers for the Russians?

I'm sure there'll be some riots cause some enemy players will stare at the boobs instead of shooting the enemy :D :D

I'd be glad if this gets into RO:HOS, particularly in multiplayer.

It adds realism and yet due to female emancipation it'll be unfair to leave them out :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Customized appearance of players (idea #3)

Customized appearance of players (idea #3)

And the third and last one for today.

Customized looking of the player models in multiplayer.
I thought of how cool it'd be to customize your player model.
Not in total but to give some options.

Example for German Heer:

Head-Gear:
- M40/42 helmet
- M40/42 helmet with wire net (with or without foliage)
- M43 field cap

for winter the ability on a white-washed helmet

Face:
5-10 different kinds of faces

for winter the ability on snow googles.

Upper Torso:

for summer:
- Splinter camo
- SS Eichentarn
- M40 field blouse

and for winter characters the ability to chose between:
- winter camo suit
- great coat

Legs:
- M35 field trousers
- SS Eichentarn trousers

Boots are general standard so not changeable I'd say.

Of course I hope that there'll be several types of voices like 10 different voices for Germans and Russians. And also they should be selectable.

I hope I described all in a good way so you can follow my thoughts. :)

Upvote 0
Call of Duty 2 featured female Russian soldiers. I was fairly surprised to see this, but as I googled for females in the Red Army I found out that there were extremely many women in the Red Army compared to any other army of that time. They all were forced by Stalin to defend the Motherland.

[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=RussianFemaleSodiers.flv[/URL]

I'm sure there'll be some riots cause some enemy players will stare at the boobs instead of shooting the enemy :D :D

It adds realism and yet due to female emancipation it'll be unfair to leave them out :rolleyes:

Why is it that the soviet female soldiers have to be blonde and attractive looking ?

Upvote 0

[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=RussianFemaleSodiers.flv[/URL]

bad idea :D

Upvote 0
Pushing away enemy/friendly players (Idea #4)

Pushing away enemy/friendly players (Idea #4)

Another idea:

I thought of how coo it would be to get the chance on tackling an enemy. Not like a takedown in American Football more like pushing him away. I guess there's nothing better than kicking an enemy sniper in his *** to make him fly down from a church tower.
So either the kicking I've mentioned in the very first posting in this thread should get this ability also to providing damage to the enemy or we need a new feature that is especially just for pushing people.

This feature could also be used to clear corridors or doors that are blocked by friendly players who decided to go afk for short.
But the most annoying is people who stand and stare instead of running away from a grenade. In this case, as everything needs to go very fast you could punch them away.

Now is the question if pushing friendly players away should give damage to the receiving one and if yes if there should be a TK count start against the committer.

Upvote 0
the idea of kicking a person out of church tower is cool... but... take a 180lb bag of whatever and kick it as hard is u can... the bag ain;t gunna move too far but u will sure be feeling it...

love the idea of a custom character... just like to add...

-facial hair
-ability to camo ur helmet... u mention camo ON/OFF the helmet
but a slider for how much camo would be cool
-also... i think u need to limit the types of camos or the years and units that the map utilizes... but near the end of the war that wouldn't make a diffence.

about the tanks... yes that would be nice! and also factor in weight... Tiger I sinks in this type of mud but a Pz.III wouldn't

also... different tank deaths... not just the tank explodes and looks messed up...
it should be just like the infantry:
-ammo takes a hit... tank explodes... turret flies off... what ever (that would only happen with a certain % of all ammo hits) the rest would just burn (for a VERY LONG TIME...see video)

YouTube - Pershing vs Panther Cologne 1945

it would be nice to have dynamic damage too... see the whole that penetrated see the scars in the metal were round deflected and so on... also if u shoot the same spot over and over again it should eventually go through the armor... no matter how thick.

last idea:
-camo tanks... ability to camo ur tank (not in a custom sense.. but u push a button and in 10-15 sec ur tank has some bushes and such on it that would be found on the map...
there must be a way to sorta give and take...
no camo = full vision
add camo=less vision

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure most armies didn't allow facial hair.

I like the idea of customization, but I think the idea of RO is to put yourself in the shoes of a random soldier in the battle at hand...

then again the actual player doesn't change, and it'd help with cooperation to be able to know who someone is just be looking at them, so yeah I'd go for it

And more camo wouldn't mean less vision, it'd just mean more time spent putting on camo...although maybe a few leaves would block your view here and there (depending on how much you put on)

Last edited:
Upvote 0