• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can you play the infected?

L4D wasn't as fulfilling as I had hoped for, simply because they made it sound like they had a brand new roster of guns in the full product when the demo came out, but none of em ever came, they were just all the same. So if you played the demo you got a pretty solid idea of how the whole game plays minus the survival mode (which also didn't play out like I hoped for).

Upvote 0
L4D wasn't as fulfilling as I had hoped for, simply because they made it sound like they had a brand new roster of guns in the full product when the demo came out, but none of em ever came, they were just all the same. So if you played the demo you got a pretty solid idea of how the whole game plays minus the survival mode (which also didn't play out like I hoped for).

Yeah, L4D would have been a much better game with more weapons and maybe survivors you had to rescue or something. I sold the game to gamestop after I beat it because it was to monotinous.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know rite? =P but yeah, I was hoping the survival mode woulda been way slower pace/you could barricade stuff since almost 85% of the level can be torn down by the infected anyway. ._. All the strategies for the top times usually consist of sitting in the tiniest corner you can find of the map and just camp there with all the other players clipped into each other -yeah, tons of fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol everyone was calling the infected in l4d zombies before it came out and people kept getting corrected, now l4d's out, people are calling the specimens in KF infected.
im sorta glad you cant play as a specimen, the versus on l4d is pretty boring (along with the campaign and survivor lol!), im sure someone may mod this idea though?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol everyone was calling the infected in l4d zombies before it came out and people kept getting corrected, now l4d's out, people are calling the specimens in KF infected.

Yeah I've noticed that. That's probably why people need to chill out and just stop correcting these people.

Zombies, infected, specimen...you're not fooling anyone. They've got the relative same "feel." No need to nitpick.

Upvote 0