• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little help needed on IS 2

GringoBG

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Hi everyone,

i have a question,that i believe is very common to find here.
It's about the Josif Stalin-2 tank in the stock game.
Now i play mostly on Arad 24/7 server.Beeing in the game for a year i got good in the tank warfare.I know how to take on all russian tanks (i'm dedicated axis player),and take them out.I.E. know where to hit them.
But sometimes the trick is not working with the JS-2.At close range when i'm in a Panther or Tiger,i can take the JS-2 out before it can take me.But when fighting an angled and cover JS-2 at the distance of 500-800 meters,it's getting complicated,and i have to use the HE tactic to take it out,hopefully.
Once i had to fought with 4 T-34's and an JS-2 on my own in a Panther,i might of taken the tracks out of the Stalin,because it didn't move through the attack,so i took on the T-34's and got them all,while they tried to surround me,but then the big fight with the JS-2 became reallity.He was at 600m from me.Each one of my HE shots bounced off.No matter where i hit.Front turret area,or sides...Nothing happened,so i had to retreat to save myself and my tank from beeing tared a part.

So my question is,where i have to aim to take out an angled JS-2 easily when he's at 500+ meters away from me,with AP round?

I'll be happy if someone can supply me with screenshot,rather than the long lections hehe.

Anyway,thanks in advance. ;)

tankdatasheetis2.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tankdatasheetis2.jpg

Hope this helps, so you know where to hit next time. :D

Upvote 0
These are the two places you can hit with AP to either do damage or take out his tracks when the IS2 is angled. Hitting it's hatch takes 4+ hits, remember the shell fires slightly to the right of where your sights are pointed. Even if it deflects if you hit the right spot the IS2 will lose significant health. It's much better then using HE, tho in arad the IS2 is usually comfortably behind the IS2 rock.

The second spot will take out it's tracks in one hit, making it easy to flak and destroy. It will make a penetration sound when you hit the right spot.

tankdatasheetis2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0