• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So who's going to be the first ROHOS mod?

i agree with both parties here. to get big crowds mod big stuff etc but i also agree with worluk saying that not everyone wants to get big etc. in saying this, i think games are more fun with more ppl. therefore it is almost neccessary to mod for popular things just to have the servers populated. I think russian civil war would be kickass but yeah not enough ppl would care about it. and on the foot in the door thing...yeah tripwire whenever you are ready to hire me just pm lol ;)

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people know about the Russian Civil War. It's not just some tiny civil war like the ones in Africa. The whole world could have been changed had there been a different outcome. It is taught in schools, and there is also Doctor Zhivago, considered one of the greatest films ever released, and of course the book upon which it was made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well i fell asleep in the doctor zhivago movie with sam neal and kiera knightley version...but i liked the trains with guns on the side...and really who are we kidding...we like games with gun and they had some. personally i feel the french revolution or wellington vs napoleon would be the coolest...except noobs online dont do line battle or follow orders so that game can never happen unless the game literally holds u too a line. the russian revolution would be cool - i am imagining a vid of like all these massive red flags flying into a square and being mowed down by an mg or hail of single shot rifles (mosins?) but yeah. over at iron europe we are busy but if anyone here is keen to help that would be cool.

Upvote 0
...and then there were the people that mod cause they like to mod...
Not everyone modding is an opportunist and trying to get his foot in the door to the industry...

All i'm saying in my post worluk is that mods need a decent sized community to keep it going, otherwise developers get frustrated that their hard work is going out to such a small ammount its disheartening and also the small player base you have get bored of the same old faces on the same old servers.

If you create something relatively recent, it recieved alot of media coverage and popular films have been based on, usually you bring people in because sometime in there life they have come across the subject.

For example all these "Zombie" games, why are they so popular? Could have something to do with the massive ammount of Zombie films there out there at the moment?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A properly done (Not as cumbersome feeling as PR) MW RO-style game would be epic. Vehicles in UE3 are much easier to make, and aircraft are actually possible.(May be extremely unrealistic, but some work would make it fine.)

Tanks, IFVs, APCs, AA, and Apaches would be right up the proper lane.

Throw in good optics, realistic sounds, great models, textures, animations, RO style gameplay, realistic weapons, lots of them, big maps, and amazing detail, and make it fun.

Then you have the best mod ever.

Upvote 0