• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some suggestions for this great game!

Mercenario(AR)

May 3, 2009
Argentina,BA
Well,as you can see right now,im new to the Forums,but not to the game ;),i`ve been playing the game since 1.0 and Im from argentina,Buenos Aires,I love the mod,Its one of the most addictive,simplest nadcooperative game that i`ve ever played,but living on Argentina and playing on servers that are on USA or Germany is pretty hard,considering that to smack a LAW rocket into the face of a FP is somewhat hard as it takes like 3 seconds or more (from selecting the law to aiming and shooting it :(),so I have a few suggestions for this game:
1-Please,make the the lag calibration like Assault Cube,Sauerbraten or Cube,plus a vote-kicking system,because if the lag calibration takes away some anti-cheat protection system features,we can have a tool to defend (or attack in this case,as this game is cooperative) us against cheaters,glitchers or hackers.
2-Make some kind of (as SGT.LAG said) "weps upgrades",but apart of "general" upgrades,"specific" upgrades,E.G:The Sharpshooter Perk can "unlock" a mechanism upgrade for the Winchester,allowing it to hold more rounds and making the barrel more longer (therefore making the gun more accurrate),but adding 2 kgs to it (IDK how it is the american Pound system),the Support perk can get,ya`know,IDK how to call,but in Nuke Nuke the shotgun has like a "foregrip",that "foregrip" would allow the user of the shotgun to reload (pump) faster and have a softer recoil,plus allowing the user to mount a flashlight for "blinding" (optional) specimens,but this could affet teammates too,and iluminating areas,the Commando perk would get a grenade launcher plus 15+ rounds in the clip,the Berseker would get a,well,how a melee weapon can have a upgrade??? :p,and I nothing else comes to my mind right now..
3-Like in point numba 2,but instead of "Upgrades"...YAY!NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOUR,I MEAN...weapons,yeah that,weapons..hehe...:
The Markmanship perk would unlock the L96A1,short clip (five rounds) but brutal damage,one shot would PWN! everything except Scrakes and FPs,FPs would die in 4 shots if the shots land in the head.xTREME WEIGHT!
The Support Perk would get a LMG (the m249),yeah I know,it would be a bit OVERPOWERED,with 100 bullets and a little more damage than the Bullpup that would pwn,but what if they reload time takes more than 4 seconds,the recoil pwns if you are running or standing,and its below the LAW in terms of weight and you can only carry 2 mags (200 bullets)???
The Medic perk should get a,well,.....maybe a Striker (the auto shotgun),but the reload time should be 3 secs and the recoil would OVER 9000!,if fired in full-auto of course!,and it would be very heavy and the....44. magnum,the most powerfull handgun in the world,it can blow your head clean off...the question is...Do you feel lucky..punk? (I really have to stop watching those Clint Eastwood movies..)
The Commando perk should get the L1A1 (or FN-FAL,PLEASE ADD THIS FRICKING WEAPON,I HAVENT SEEN THIS WEP SINCE OPERATION FLASHPOINT RESISTANCE!),more damage than handcannon,and more accurate than Bullpup,but only 20 rounds in the clip,heavy,and it only has burst fire (3 rounds fired quickly,because if we put the Single-shot mode it would get nerfed and if instead put the full auto the weapon would PWN,OWN,DESTROY,KILL,OBLITERATE,ASSASINATE,SHATTER EVERYTHING!) and it doesnt have any scope.
The Berserker would unlock the...let me think,a Kukri or a machete,faster as a knife,and below the Axe
But of coures,getting this weapons wont be easy,as you have to meet high requirements (idk how the requirements should be)
4-Numba 4!,this one is very easy,GUN EMPLACEMENTS,this would rock if someone made a d-day type map in where the players can garrison on a bunker with a sinlge door and a 2 MGs pwning the specimens
5-Kinda "quick events" thing,like a scrake tries to chop off ur head,but u press Space quickly and then your character POPS HIS F****** FACE! or if you dont press sapce quickly...YOU ARE DEAD....,but of course,there is a 25/100 chance that this event happens.
6-Sprint,who wouldnt sprint if he sees a 2 mts tall SOB coming at him?
7-DIfferent game modes (it would be nice to see this are there some ppl who like more realistic things and others like more scifi things).
8-"escape" missions (yeah,kinda ripped off from L4D,BUT L4D RIPPED IT FROM BRAIN BREAD OF HL1!).
9-The "adrenalinic" state,this would go on Realistic Mode but it could be added to Scifi aswell,when the players is almost alone,with 2 or 1 partner and he`s facing a lot of specimens,his vision turns grey (or red),the melee damage is multiplied x4,the accuracy of weapons that are being "aimed" (bullpup,law,win,Xbow) is severely reduced but fire more faster,and the player can resist up to ONE full FP BLOW,but after the adrenalynic state has gone the player will start to lose ("bleeding") health (the speed of this if determinated by the amount of damage that the player got in the adrenalinic state) and the only way to stop this is by aplying a Injection.
10-Now,this is a must go on the game,if you dont do this,this port will be condemned to the ostracism,MAKE THE GAME VERY,BUT I MEAN,VERY MOD FRIENDLY,do this and L4D WILL,AND I MEAN WILL,fall into the ostracism,think it:
Im a player with 15 bucks to spend on,and i love Cooperative games (plus having zombies!),and I have to chose between a game that haves more than 14 mods,more than 100 maps to download and another ****ty game who only haves 4 "campaigns" to play on,Which do you think I would choose?!?!
And last thing to say,I dont give a s**** if this takes 2 months to include in the game,If I well remember EA s*** Spore hard because they rushed it,so I would give time for PERFECTION,plus you would have more customers ;),making patches that add content to the game monthly or bi monthly would be acceptable,but PLEASE,MAKE THE SUGGESTIONS OF ALL THE PLAYERS GO IN SOME OR ANOTHER FORM GO INTO THE GAME!,What did happened to Clear Sky,when GSC didnt hear to their community?,It was crap,now they learnt from their mistakes and are making another Stalker hearing the suggestions of the community,so please,I beg you tripwire:
MAKE KF PERFECT!
thanks you for your time.
PD:s***,this post took more than one hour to do it,so please dont fricking close it ok?,thanks you very much
From a player that played KF a lot and to the last minute:
Mercenario(AR)

The release date is already set, for May 14th.

This gives the team the option to:

A. Delay the release, pissing off everyone who pre-ordered.
B. Release the game as is, with a few MINOR suggestions implemented.

Some of your ideas seem more suited to third-party mods, such as #2, #3, #4, #8 and #9. Map scenarios will most likely be left up to map-makers, so if you want a map with 50cal mounted guns, by all means make one yourself.

#5 I don't quite comprehend, as several times you will be surprised by the specimen, and required to react with a quick shot that incapacitates them.

#1 would be helpful, as a vote-kicking option would be very relevant for removing hackers from servers with no admin present.

I'm sure the KF team has a lot going on right now, what with release right around the corner. The bottom line is, KF was a brilliant game as a mod, and the benefits of being a retail game with an entire development company backing it will only improve the quality.

KF will be near perfection, because as an independent mod it came quite close, imo.

Upvote 0

Some of your ideas seem more suited to third-party mods, such as #2, #3, #4, #8 and #9. Map scenarios will most likely be left up to map-makers, so if you want a map with 50cal mounted guns, by all means make one yourself.

#5 I don't quite comprehend, as several times you will be surprised by the specimen, and required to react with a quick shot that incapacitates them.

#1 would be helpful, as a vote-kicking option would be very relevant for removing hackers from servers with no admin present.

I'm sure the KF team has a lot going on right now, what with release right around the corner. The bottom line is, KF was a brilliant game as a mod, and the benefits of being a retail game with an entire development company backing it will only improve the quality.

KF will be near perfection, because as an independent mod it came quite close, imo.

You actually READ that? :D
Anyway, not only do they have to deal with the KF release but apparently the new RO game got ninja-announced, and they were like "Wait, what? They're not supposed to know that yet!"

Upvote 0

This is pretty much exactly what I planned to reply with. Suggestions are pretty cool but anything too major won't get noticed, unless they can patch it into the game after release.

Upvote 0
OMFG NOW I`M LOVING BRAZIL!
YEAH!
BRAZIL 4EVER!
now,seriously,I was kinda dissapointed to find only SVs that where from germany or USA
But some time ago,I entered in uteros.com.ar and posted them that HAGAMOS UN SERVER DE KILLING FLOOR 2.5!,they said "naaaa,Its bored",then,after some time a Mod played it and he was like:
"OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG WE MUST PLAY (almost obey XD) THIS GAME"
But,I bet to you all Tripwire guys,that allmost (if there will be) of servers of argentina will be Non-Steam (the pirated version),so its kinda sad that its the way it is in my country :( (hope i said last thing right..)

Upvote 0