• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Lets Discuss the Trailer" Thread

Gameplay, graphics and atmosphere looked cool, specially the gore (I loved the dismemberment).

The trailer editing seemed kinda bad (Im sorry), I didn't like the font in the white letters and the light bulb effect after you see the first zed. But right after that the sighting of the different enemies as well as the action looks great and was very nicely edited.

I did like the part when you show off the perks logos.

Upvote 0
Gameplay, graphics and atmosphere looked cool, specially the gore (I loved the dismemberment).

The trailer editing seemed kinda bad (Im sorry), I didn't like the font in the white letters and the light bulb effect after you see the first zed. But right after that the sighting of the different enemies as well as the action looks great and was very nicely edited.

I did like the part when you show off the perks logos.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

I have full confidence the game will be awesome though, so I'm not bothered :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The design of the specimen is really grungy. 70s slasher movie like grungy. They don't just look undead (?), they look horrifying and evil. Especially the female thing. I'm used to zombies like the HL2 ones, which do look great but they are also somewhat cute, but the female looking specimen beast freaked me out.:eek:
The bits of the levels that are seen look really good as well. Top notch stuff.

Upvote 0
looks pretty good to me!!!

thought this was amusing though:

KFtrailer.PNG

:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Hahaha! That's....not right.

I agree with Murphy also, the Siren (that's the name for the chick zombie right?) looked specially creepy. I LOVE the scream sound.

Credit to the original mod devs for the scream sound there.... that's exactly the same sound as in the mod. And I'm really glad it wasn't changed!

She looks like Zoe Wanamaker....

Upvote 0
Wow, the game looks pretty good. Of course it doesn't look like Crysis or anything, but I think this game shall transport me to a time when games were all about some good, violent fun. I really liked the grittiness and the atmosphere, ALOT different than L4D. I was a bit skeptical on whether it would actually follow through on that after seeing the initial concept art, but now that I've seen the trailer, my doubts have been vanquished.

Upvote 0
I primarily liked the action parts where it showed some gameplay and weapons.
The font while it looks nice, was pretty hard to read on the low quality vid.

If i would like something for future trailers it would be more videos that show multiple coop buddies and showing the action together with the teamwork ^^. And maybe a higher game difficulty setting for the vid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did not like the beginning of the trailer that much as some have voiced concerned about in this thread already.

The female specimen was indeed scary:D

This looks really good, but I would like to see more gameplay in HD please with more details.

I really did not have much interest in this game until I saw the trailer on Steam today though to be honest.

Upvote 0
I really enjoyed the trailer. I agree with the points made above though with the cliche beginning. The gameplay footage at the end was excellent and will certainly draw in new people, especially the chainsaw and 16 guns part. Looked amazing at the end I said "hell yeah" cause of how pumped for killing zombies I got.

Upvote 0
Hard to say watching the low quality version on a 4 year old, lame (lame 4 years ago) computer at work, but it seems that the animations are good, as are the sounds. I need to see the better quality version at home to comment more...

Other than that, I hate to say that I have seen some great trailers of other games that I have played but the games have sucked, so I always have that buyer beware attitude when watching a trailer. However, I know I will buy it (and probably a copy for my son) for a number of reasons; it sounds interesting, the great price, and it's from Tripwire. Even if I don't like it for some reason, I will just look at the spent money as "an investment" :p

Upvote 0