• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pirate Bay

Let's put the people behind google on trial next then and give them a year in prison plus take all their cash:rolleyes:

This isn't going to stop anybody from "illegal downloading":

1. Taking down all the torrent sites is going to take years and maybe not every judication is willing to ruin 3 guys' lifes like these a-hole judges did just to please the media industry and make a precedent.

2. There are already other ways, similar but different, that will take another few years to overcome for the industry. And then there will be something new...

Upvote 0
piracylulz.png

Upvote 0
It's a sad day for internet TBH. The companies proved they can sentence even the "cockiest" pirates. So now there's no escape, and there will be more fear of being convicted.

Although news say that the TBP team will appeal the decision, and it may take another 6 good years. According to Swedish law, the sentences are not valid untill the appeal process is complete.

Even then, I hope TBP gets enough money to buy Sealand ASAP :D

Though, nothing will ever stop piracy. Ever. I predict soon there will be completely decentralised P2P softwares floating around without the need for Trackers/Main Servers.

Upvote 0
I hope there will be system that let's you buy good quality mp3's without DRM or any limiting sofware, with fairly low price. 1€ for a song Itunes just won't cut it, it's way too much concidering that it practically takes no effort to copy and paste the file to your computer. You could even use the torrent system to share the music.

And this way you would kill all the middle men on the way, so artists and sound engineers ect. get's the money and record companies would work more like a marketing device that could get some share of the net sales(depending on how much they helped to make the album) and rights to distribute the music on cd, not own the rights for the music.

Don't know if it would work, just throwing some thoughs, because I'm not using online services if I have to pay almoust the same as I would be buying brand new cd from store, and still knowing that the makers of the music won't get any better deal off it.

But I guess it won't happen because entertaiment companies are too busy suing these inviduals and try to keep the market like it was before 90's. And are worried that some fan might use their copyright material to create something new and fun(youtube for example).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd pay for much more software, cd's ect if it wasnt so expensive, i needed a software package recently and the price was something like 100 euro for a restricted version.
Screw that when i can just get it for free and unrestricted, of course i'd rather support the developers but that kind of money is something i just can't afford and i probadly wont be using it again in a month.

Upvote 0
I'd pay for much more software, cd's ect if it wasnt so expensive, i needed a software package recently and the price was something like 100 euro for a restricted version.
Screw that when i can just get it for free and unrestricted, of course i'd rather support the developers but that kind of money is something i just can't afford and i probadly wont be using it again in a month.

Same with DVD movies why should you buy a film for 10-20€ if you only watch it once?

Renting or downloading is much more convenient.

Upvote 0
Same with DVD movies why should you buy a film for 10-20€ if you only watch it once?

Renting or downloading is much more convenient.
there was also something I read recently from Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. He was saying that his multi-million dollar recording contract was pretty much that he and his bandmates got 80 cents for each CD that was sold and that first and foremost all that money had to go to paying back the recording company. Which means that if you sign a 5 million dollar contract you need to sell 6,250,000 records just to break even.

Now, granted, I'm sure you don't go and spend all of that 5 mil on the album, a fair amount could go to life style and the like, booze, hookers, drugs, all that good rock-star stuff...but it still means that the recording industry is making far, far, FAR more money then the actual artists in this game and the only problem with piracy is that the industry finally is realizing that they're dinosaurs and are desperately clinging to whatever straws they can so as to not go under.

Upvote 0
This is far from over, they filed an appeal and it will go through all of our court instances. Expect this to end in 3-5 years time.

Also the sentance itself is insane. They got a harsher punishment for "assisted intelectual property infringment" than you get for beating someone up in the street. Over here this is a political trial nothing else.

Upvote 0