• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reintroduce the tutorial Level

Sniperdragon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Netherlands
Not many may know it, but the very first version of Killing Floor had a tutorial level. It learnt you how to grenade things, how to use your sights, med syringe, how to melee etc. I think it was extremely useful for newbs, as to learn them the basic gameplay.
The devs could ask Alex about it. Also, maybe expand it a bit.
So teach newbs how to buy and sell weapons, how to drop cash, how to melee, heal themselves and others, grenade, and teach them some core tactics like funneling. I know it would be very hard to accomplish all that in one tutorial level, but maybe atleast a few features could be added:p?
As to not have: "OMFG how u survive so long on ur own???? we get killed in liek 2 secs and we are with 3 ppl" when KF is released.

I think tooltips which you can disable would be better..

IE once your health gets low you get a tooltip explaining the medkit and how to change to it.
The problem with that is, you get to know how to use it once you need it. But.. usually when you need the med syringe you are under attack already, so then its a bit too late sometimes:eek:. Plus, a tutorial level can be made rather cool, introducing the story as well (the D.R.F. etc.)

Upvote 0
The problem with that is, you get to know how to use it once you need it. But.. usually when you need the med syringe you are under attack already, so then its a bit too late sometimes:eek:. Plus, a tutorial level can be made rather cool, introducing the story as well (the D.R.F. etc.)
Agree, i wouldnt want something like the tooltip in battlefield in here. So funny to see some noob run around with like 10% and no idea how to regain them, but not very good for the whole team tho. One vote for a tutorial map, something like the one in 1.0. aww

Upvote 0