• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

{MEAT}::Killer::

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
It would be soooo cool if Killing Floor could maybe have some of these features.

1) Zombies react to where you shoot them
EG: Shoot of arm it carries the stump with it
EG: Shoot off the legs and it crawls towards you

2) Dynamic map
EG: Normal things like tables, chairs, plants, take a door off it's hinges can be pickup and threw at zombies.
EG: You could push large objects like shelfs onto zombies

3) Extreme items
EG: You could have things like lawnmowers, drills and special items hidden and players can use it to kill zombies
EG: Maybe you could smash zombies heads off with baseball bats

4) Zombie feast
EG: Zombies will eat dead players bodies

5) Zombie health
EG: Zombies are dead so it takes a longer time to kill them, every time you shoot them they slow down and eventually they die

6) Wave control
EG: When the wave starts there aren't many zombies but as it get's to the middle loads of zombies come then it starts to get slower until the end of the wave

The zombies don't eat people and they aren't dead because they aren't zombies they're specimens.

And I suggested the dismemberment in a thread. :D

The "Extreme items thing" well this isn't Dead Rising..

It would be cool through if you could pick up items not to throw them(I'd be worried about the super-strong zombies throwing things, not throwing things myself when it takes so many bullets to down them) but instead if you could pick up items and use them to barricade doors, and weld them to the doors more like Garry's Mod then KF's current system to secure the doors better.

Upvote 0
There were certain pieces in maps that were affected by physics, however they were buggy as hell, and relatively useless for anything (chairs in Biotics Lab). I remember in 2.5 getting killed once in a while because I would throw a grenade on the roof in Offices and a barrel would launch in my direction, killing me.

Physics affected objects could be amazing, it's just that they need better implementation than what's already present in the mod version.

Upvote 0
well then if KF will have this feature you won't have to play zombie panic at all
Hm I doubt it will though.

When in the ign interview they said baracade yourself in, i think they meant baracading yoruself only with welding doors, sadly.

It'd be nice if there was barricading, since you could make like invincible doors, but they basically require "resources", which rather than being money it's finding things on the map and bringing them there to use to baricade. It'd be a nice mechanic.

Upvote 0
No. The zombies should have ai that basically says "it's going to take too long to destory this, lets find another route in." And they'd only attack if the other route is too far away, or if there is no other way to the people..

With how KF mod is, welding is very bleh. It just delays a spawn for a little bit. Sure, you could sit there and keep "healing" the door, but that's bleh.

Upvote 0
With how KF mod is, welding is very bleh. It just delays a spawn for a little bit. Sure, you could sit there and keep "healing" the door, but that's bleh.
That's what I'm thinking having just played the mod for a few rounds (offline. Got wiped out at least when the second wave hit, lol), so to those who have played mod longer: What is the benefit of welding a door shut except buying some time for others to heal each-other?

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Innociv
That's what I'm thinking having just played the mod for a few rounds (offline. Got wiped out at least when the second wave hit, lol), so to those who have played mod longer: What is the benefit of welding a door shut except buying some time for others to heal each-other?

0.0 go play online a bit more. In maps where the zombie AI flanks the player, like biotics lab and grudge, welding helps the team divide up the zeds so the whole team isn't overwhelmed, surronded, and eaten. In a lot of maps the zombies follow one path under certain circumstances which makes it easy for the human team to funnel the entire invasion force at a certain section of the map (good examples of this are the cave area in Mansion and the entrances to the police station in WestLondon). When this happens a zombie massacre ensues until either the zombies die or the players get pushed to a point where zombies start flanking the players and they get eaten. The point is welding prevents and delays zombie flanks giving the human team a chance.

Upvote 0
It comes in very useful when you need to hold a point and you don't want a small number of zeds coming from the sides and pestering you. You can also nade through doors so if you have about 10 of em behind a door you can take em all out. A good example of where the welder is actually useful is bioticslab. Commnication and teamwork are needed also when you are welding, people aren't amused when they narowly escape a giant spiked fist to realise thier teamate welded the escape door before everyone evacuated.

Upvote 0
0.0 go play online a bit more. In maps where the zombie AI flanks the player, like biotics lab and grudge, welding helps the team divide up the zeds so the whole team isn't overwhelmed, surronded, and eaten. In a lot of maps the zombies follow one path under certain circumstances which makes it easy for the human team to funnel the entire invasion force at a certain section of the map (good examples of this are the cave area in Mansion and the entrances to the police station in WestLondon). When this happens a zombie massacre ensues until either the zombies die or the players get pushed to a point where zombies start flanking the players and they get eaten. The point is welding prevents and delays zombie flanks giving the human team a chance.
Eh?... I've never played it single player, and i've played online quite a bit.

You seemed to not have played at all with what you say. You say you can funnel the entire invasion force to another area, when you can't.
That's how it SHOULD work, yes, but it doesn't. They take the normal path they'd take, attacking doors that are in to way.

All it does is hold a spawn of zombies back. The way spawns work is that when a spawned group is killed, a new group spawns from their same spot. The welding delays them a little bit, since those zombies don't die and make more waves spawn from their spot. Eventually they kill the door and come on it.

How it should work I think is how I said, and how you said it works when it doesn't work that way. :| Yeah, it SHOULD funnel the zombies, unless the funneling makes an absurdly long path for them to take.
And not only that, but zombies shouldn't even spawn all the way across the map from people. Should just have increased spawns closer.. and dynamic(or at least seem dynamic) spawning of them. :\

It'd be cool if welding was more useful that way. And maybe with it that way the doors wouldn't "respawn" after rounds, so you'd have to keep moving around to have more doors to weld after the ones where you were at got destroyed.

Welding and spawning both could use the most work over the mod imo over any gameplay elements.

Upvote 0