• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dismemberment; Headshot only kills for hardest mode :D

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
I'm sorry for spamming your forum with my awesome threads, but here is another thing:

RO had some pretty awesome dismemberment with bloody stumps and bones sticking out too if I remember.
However, this only happened at death. Might we be able to shoot live zombies arms off in they're left only able to bite? And shoot off their legs and they crawl? Deadspace has this, but that's their own engine.
I think that'd add sooooooo much to the games awesomeness.

It'd also might be interesting if the hardest mode required headshots to kill zombies. :D Some other zombie mods are like that.

L4D is annoying how the dismemberment is random.. There are no hitboxes, the game just randomly decides to have the arms fly off. :/ Being able to shoot a zombies arm off and it still be alive would be so amazing.

I understand that now, but there isn't much visual indication. I mean, they have no head, but it doesn't seem intuitive. Shooting the legs should stop sprinting, shooting off head should stop bile since it comes out of the head, you know? And when they are headless.. they should be blind.

Like in deadspace when you shoot off their head, they freak out and act headless.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is possible with the current tech?

And shooting off heads disables special abilities as stated. You shoot off a bloat's head and he can't vomit on you, you shoot off a clot's head and he can't grab you, you shoot off a Gorefast's head and he can't run at you, etc, etc.

It would be awesome to blow a Z's legs off and he comes crawling at you. Dunno if it's possible/feasible though. I hope it would, it'd be nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well.. There is currently already shooting off heads in the mod. Why couldn't there be arms and legs too?

And RO has great gibs for shooting off legs, granted they are with dead people.

Would need animations for hoping on one leg, crawling, and teeth crawling, attacking with one arm, attacking with no arms, sure..

It'd be really awesome :p

Upvote 0
It could have lost its left cerebral neural processing unit from the headshot damage, this is clearly the most likley answer.
Yeah but.. why can it still see/hear/smell you? :p It should sprint around wildly, attacking everything around(including allies)

That would be REALLY cool. Shoot off the stronger zombies heads to make them attack their allies(but they'd automatically trigger abilities they have and be heading in the same direction they where, and that direction is likely towards you.

That kind of stuff would make KF sooo much better.

Upvote 0
Yeah but.. why can it still see/hear/smell you? :p It should sprint around wildly, attacking everything around(including allies)

That would be REALLY cool. Shoot off the stronger zombies heads to make them attack their allies(but they'd automatically trigger abilities they have and be heading in the same direction they where, and that direction is likely towards you.

That kind of stuff would make KF sooo much better.

Yeah, but what if a bullpup round accidentally hit a FP's head, and he suddenly raged you? It's not fair to trigger their abilities if they just run at you.

I think the dismemberment system would be nice, especially on fleshpounds. Rip off those arms and he's as good as useless. Might make it a little more tactical fighting them, instead of "OmG fP lAw SpAm NaO!" :p

Upvote 0
But they'd run where you were when you shot them. You can move and they don't know where you moved to. They'd just be raging around like mad. IF they hit a wall then they'd turn around and stuff. ^^ Or fall down! :D

And yeah it'd add much more tactical fighting, especially if health is increased. Since shooting off somethings legs will obviously make it easier, they need more health to make it harder.

Hell you could shoot off the chainsaw guys arm.. and then another zombie picks it up and throws it at you <_< Okay maybe that's going to far but holy ****.. imagine what'd go through your head the first time that happened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0