• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: A Retrospective

There was a fun custom punishment mod on the RO mod where you could throw things from UT2004 on people during a match. I remember when I was in DBDUK we played on Donets and I think it was [DBDUK]Pagan who threw a Hellbender on me- then we drove around in a hellbender on Donets and killed everyone

hmm, throwing a Tiger on someone would be simple

and fun :D

Upvote 0
I was around before thoughts of making RO had entered the minds of the soon to be RO devs.

Also on the subject of RO being ruined forever, I think kalinin(ininin?) came close to causing the RO apocalyspse.

Kalinin was the best tank map ever put in a computer game. It was so awesome that it could empty a server in 20 seconds after it was chosen :eek:

Upvote 0
Wow, what a blast from the past, thanks for this thread. I've been playing RO since beta 1.0. I forget where/how I heard about it, but I remember running out and buying UT03 just to play it, been hooked ever since. Although I've never been a big forum user, but I'm glad I caught this thread. (Killing Floor announcement got my attention)

What ever happen to that Semper-Fi clan(SF), I think thats what it was called. I still remember Herman trying to get me to join his clan. Is he or that clan still around? This was back in the days when the RO community was very small. In a way I kinda liked it better than it being big like it is now. RO was like our diamond in the rough, a gem that few people knew about. But like anything thats good, eventually draws more attention, boy did it ever.

I often wondered since TI moved to Roswell, GA if it's possible to visit them or something. I live just a stones throw away from there in Greenville, SC. Also gotta couple of buddies that moved to Roswell to start a band, so been there a few times over the years. I honestly considered just showing up at TI to beg and plea for somekind of job, hell I'd be the janitor. :D

Upvote 0