• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Valkyrie

*sigh*

Everyone knows war is wrong, we dont really need to be told every time there's a war movie, we are well aware of the fact, just like we know canibalism and murder are not fun for the whole family but a bad thing.
No you don't. I don't either. None of us who hasn't lived through those times and witnessed these things knows how it is. And a movie like Patton or the Green Berets simply just show you exactly how it was not. In every way. Saving Private Ryan is a bad movie (imo), but at least it shows some of the senselessness and suffering of the common man. I don't agree with the way they portray it or the final conclusions it draws, but at least it's there. So spare me your sighs, because you know nothing. To critizise a movie because it tries to show a war as it was is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was expecting to see a happy-end, but

*SPOILER ALERT!!*

in the end they've shot Tom Cruise! Can you imagine??

:)

It's a good movie, but certainly it would be more interesting for me if only I haven't watched dozen of documentaries about the event before.
Yeah I agree on that. I've seen a real good documentary on Discovery about a year ago with great production values, which resembled a lot of the movie.

Upvote 0
Wow. I admit I had low expectations. But I'm really surprised. Besides the first 5-10minutes which I found pretty ridiculous, the movie really surprised me, because it's really really good. All the actors are very good and even Tom Cruise is good. I thought the 'ending' or more the presentation of the ending was incredible. I'm really positively surprised.

I'd probably give this like 8.0-8.5/10 if I had to rate it.

I must admit however that I didn't watch any other Stauffenberg movies or documentries before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, best movie I have seen this year - although I've only seen a handful of them this year. Saw it maybe a month ago, and I continually find myself going back to watch the movie. Must have seen it 4-5 times over in a month so far.

I'd give it a 8/10, simply because it could have used maybe another minor shootout. However, in contradiction to myself, it earned it's eight because it held up as a fantastic movie with drama and intensity. It was amazing how I was on the edge of my chair even though I knew the outcome - not in detail of course, but I knew hitler wasn't killed by that plot.

Fantastic, and I highly recommend.

Look at my damn profile name.

Upvote 0
Hey aa :rolleyes: so whats with the pistols in this movie being like tokarev's and shieat :eek: ? I mean where are the good old lugers and walters :( ?

I'm assuming the pistols used in the film are Sauer 38H -

hgsauer38_082306c.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauer_38H

Upvote 0