• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO and xfire

It's still not showing up in Steam's server list, nor xfire. The only way I see it is by adding it to my favorites in RO and hitting refresh. Then it gets saved to that list. I set my server up and I think I see where I went wrong in the ini file. We own our own physical server, we don't rent...so basically for RO I am my own tech support. There are guys who handle the overall server, but then there are guys like me who are responsible for the individual games we have running on it. Anyway...here's where I THINK I went wrong, and if anyone here can help me confirm my suspicions I'd appreciate it.:)

[IpServer.UdpServerQuery]
GameName=rom

Does this look right? It looks like something to do with a query.

And what about the lines having to do with the masterserverlist?

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
LANPort=11757
LANServerPort=10757
MasterServerList=(Address="207.135.144.10",Port=28902)
MasterServerList=(Address="207.135.144.11",Port=28902)

Are those ip #'s supposed to be an out-going query to the master server, or are they supposed to match MY ip and from there upload my server name and info to the master server list? Those lines are directly from my local copy of the ini which I modded to make the server's ini, and I left them as-is figuring it was for remote acces TO the master server list. I still assume that is correct but I don't know for sure.

Sorry for being such a noob, but this is my first time setting up a server myself.

Thanks again in advance for any help!
Who?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All of the ini settings you mentioned look fine. They match up perfectly with Tripwire's servers, which show up in the Steam Server Browser just fine(not sure about XFire). You probably have ports that are not opened correctly on your Firewall:

7757 UDP/IP (Default Game Port)
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Query Port)

If you change your Game Port in the ini away from the default 7757, then all other ports are going to be offset by the same amount. Example:

7787 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7788 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7797 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28932 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
20640 UDP/IP (Steam Query Port)

Upvote 0
Thanks guys...I am assured that from the guy who actually maintains that box that none of the ports are blocked, but I will ask him to make sure they are configured as listed above.

I saw this weekend on our Main Control Panel for this server that RO shows as 'offline' even though it is on and running. This may have something to do with it, but it may not. I tend to think that it IS part of the problem as I cannot ping the server from a dos-prompt.

In any case, the server shows up fine in the master list, just not in the steam servers list nor in xfire. We use xfire as one ofour primary comm tools, so I'm hoping to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the input!

Upvote 0