• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

First step of my Austrian Empire was to take Saxxony which put me to war with Poland. However I then "sold" Saxxony to Prussia for West Prussia, and then started my campaign to destroy Poland. Right now I've got them pretty beaten back, but my forces are a bit thin and the population is getting upitty, and my nobels are pissed I'm playing with taxes.

Upvote 0
I started playing with the United Provinces, so far i have conquered hannover and west-phalia or something, but am still at war with 2 minor factions, Prussia, and Austria, the later 2 wars i was dragged into by Great-Britain, the wars on minor factions broke out when i declared it against West-Phalia. I still havent managed to destroy the one faction that is giving me the most trouble though, one of the minors, since my pc almost burned down today and isnt working anymore..
Right now i'm sitting behind an ancient piece of **** uncapable of running even Rogue Spear :(

Upvote 0
campaign is very hard for prussia

everyone around you has an alliance with poland-lith.
but after inventing 12 pounders and ranking fire i owned sweden and courland
now im surrounded by russia and poland :mad:

maybe saxony and denmark is next

What I did was ally with Hannover and Denmark before sparking the war with Poland (attacked their protectorate Saxony, not them first). That way I had some support (Denmark didn't help out) and I made sure to appease Russia and get them to back out of the war.

Poland has tried to retake territory after I force a peace treaty on them, but I think they've learned now. Austria and I have really divided up their territories amongst ourselves.

Only problem with Prussia is the navy department. I'm totally handicapped when it comes to sea trade. Getting to the special trade areas takes forever and one western European nation can cut off my trade if they want.

Oh well, I have the most superior land forces on the continent though. Fought a 20 vs 20 battle against a really well balanced Swedish army and still won due to the awesomeness of Fire by Ranks (getting Fire and Advance soon...let's see how that works).

I'm loving this game. There are flaws, but let's hope they get patched. Patch coming out next week too! Supposed to fix stability, some major bugs and performance.

Upvote 0
First step of my Austrian Empire was to take Saxxony which put me to war with Poland. However I then "sold" Saxxony to Prussia for West Prussia, and then started my campaign to destroy Poland. Right now I've got them pretty beaten back, but my forces are a bit thin and the population is getting upitty, and my nobels are pissed I'm playing with taxes.
Austrian empire :D Didn't even think about that. Now I know which faction I will choose first! :D

Upvote 0
I've begun my first grand campaign as Russia as I wanted to start with only 1 theatre to worry about.

Bit of a troubled start as the country is completely backwards to begin with, most the regions don't have roads, the isolated western cities don't turn a profit and I'm completely landlocked with only one trade agreement.

All but one of my neighbours were hostile towards me and I was at war with the Ottomans, the Crimeans and shortly after Georgia and Sweden. I simply could not afford to have an army on every front. And the bulk of the armies I did have were made up of melee units.

I immediately set about constructing farms and other trading outposts, upgrading my military tech and moving against the Crimea to secure a seaport.

My first assault was less than successful, despite winning I took high losses and was unable to continue against the city. I had to reinforce my army before beginning a siege as any sally would've destroyed me.

I've now taken the Crimea and St. Petersburg but my lack of a standing navy means I am unable to defend my trade routes and my land commitments leave me unable to afford a suitable force.

As things stand I'm crushing Sweden, am in a de facto ceasefire with the Ottomans thanks to their other enemies and am fending off Georgian raiding parties whilst one of my generals marches an army from Moscow to destroy their offensive capabilities. I won't take Tbilisi yet as it serves as a buffer zone between myself and a second Ottoman front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
something is wrong here, I'm playing the independence campaign, and France HATES me, and also the indians are supporting the brits WTF

Native Americans were Allied with both the British and French, it depends which tribe you are talking about. Also which part are you on? You start playing as the British so naturally the French will hate you as your at war with them. :confused:

Upvote 0
Native Americans were Allied with both the British and French, it depends which tribe you are talking about. Also which part are you on? You start playing as the British so naturally the French will hate you as your at war with them. :confused:

last part, I'm american, the french were supposed to ally with me when I prove that I can kick brit ***, they started friendly, but the more brits I kill, the more the french hate me, something is just wrong

Upvote 0
Anyone else having a hard time with the Native Americans? I swear I just get ****ing zerg rushed by them, my poor line gets off two volleys before those lunatics start killing my men with their axes and ****. My grenadiers whoop some *** but still they get grinded down by the mass horde of tribesmen... Ugh I wiped the floor with the Indians/Mughal Empire no problem, but men with skirts and flint weapons are giving me a huge headache...

Also navy battles, holy **** I engaged a hhhhhhhhuueg pirate force, I dont think me or them had any ship smaller than a 4th class ship of the line. Battle lasted for a good 35-45 minutes, mainly due to some ships being totally destroyed but not sinking! :mad:

Upvote 0
Anyone else having a hard time with the Native Americans? I swear I just get ****ing zerg rushed by them, my poor line gets off two volleys before those lunatics start killing my men with their axes and ****. My grenadiers whoop some *** but still they get grinded down by the mass horde of tribesmen... Ugh I wiped the floor with the Indians/Mughal Empire no problem, but men with skirts and flint weapons are giving me a huge headache...

Also navy battles, holy **** I engaged a hhhhhhhhuueg pirate force, I dont think me or them had any ship smaller than a 4th class ship of the line. Battle lasted for a good 35-45 minutes, mainly due to some ships being totally destroyed but not sinking! :mad:

use cavalry against native americans

Upvote 0
No Ralfy, we tried one as well. And my comp had issues as well with all those ships (thought it was my graphics that bottled me, I kept a watch on cpu and ram). After the first 2 passes of combat it just went downhill for me. Bob at least managed to hold out with a few ships and whittle the cpu down so we only had a close defeate instead of much much worse. Most of my ships surrendered on the field! Didn't even sink those bastages

Upvote 0
God damn Courland! They just declared war on me and have a pretty powerful army for a nation state. The province bordering them was lightly garrisoned as they are a protectorate of my ally Poland-Lithuania, so I'm now having to rush forces to the region.

Poland-Lith didn't join their protectorate on the initial declaration, does this mean I'm safe to attack without going to war with them? I can't afford another front.

Upvote 0