• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A thousand players per day...

aktionman

Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2006
ROOST seems to stay consistently at 1000 players-a-day on the Steam Stats site, which IMO is pretty awesome and proves its playability.

Looking at today's stats, it is interesting to see that except for a few new games and demos, 3 year-old ROOST tops the non-Valve game list!

If anybody knows whether these (or other) daily Steam stats are perhaps archived and logged somewhere on-line, maybe some interesting facts can be teased out of the longer-term figures...

Mid-September 2008:

steamstats.png

Mid-February 2009:

steam-plrs-per-game-15Feb09.png

i believe it works through the steam community.

So basically howmany people are logged in on steam and playing said game. So it doesn't count server numbers or whatever. Thats why some games like cod4 that are both on steam and normal retail show relativelyl low. Because it will only count steam users playing the game.

good news, I do everything to RO growing community here in my country, although still low number of players ...

Upvote 0
Ro

Ro

It is great to see so many people still playing this damn fine game and new players joining still.
I have played it for over 3 years and just love it!
Like the previous comments on this topic - it is just worlds apart from the other wargames which are good in their own way but too arcadey after playing RO.

Andy

Upvote 0
Personally, I think that a better measure is of servers that stay above half it's capacity per continent.

For RO I think that it's always around 3 or so per continent. Or at least in NA.

Oh and as a response to the "I hate Danzig" people, Danzig is a good map for fresh people to learn the basics of infantry without getting killed by the invincible mg position AKA the tank. Also, it's decent for people who want to have some space but not to walk for five minutes to the front lines, dodging flak and bullets all the way.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think that a better measure is of servers that stay above half it's capacity per continent.

For RO I think that it's always around 3 or so per continent. Or at least in NA.

Oh and as a response to the "I hate Danzig" people, Danzig is a good map for fresh people to learn the basics of infantry without getting killed by the invincible mg position AKA the tank. Also, it's decent for people who want to have some space but not to walk for five minutes to the front lines, dodging flak and bullets all the way.

exactly......and that is why there are two of them that fill everyday. the -[SiN]- one during the day and the =TaT= one at night (USA time).

to those who hate danzig.....challenge yourself and only use a bolt. you'll see how much more fun you'll have ;)

Upvote 0