• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Machine, RO runs low.

BringerofLDD!

Jun 10, 2006
Hey guys, ive just a got a new pc and the frame rates im running at on teh highest settings possible seem a bit low. im getting maybe 30 fps on a map like arad with only 24 players..
Im running a
INtel C2D 2.8 E7400
ATI 4870 512
4 Gigs of 800MHz ram

i had a machine before this and b4 it burned out it ran RO jsut fine like 50+ at all time it ran
INtel C2D 2.3 E7300
Nvidia 9800 GT 512
2 gigs of 800MHZ ram.
and then this machine died in the two days i had it.

the 4870 from stand point if one of the strongest cards and the processor isnt bad. i dont understand y i could be running low fps with this equipment i even treid lowering the graphics on teh card nothign happeend, i lowered the graphics in game nothing happened. i have the latest ATI drivers they helped a bit but not much really any one know y or a solution to this problem i jsut got this machine a week ago. thanks for you help in advance =)

Maybe you need the intel dual core patch.
It is a fresh install of windows right?
Is your harddisc properly defragmented. The botleneck for RO is usually the processor.

do you have a link for this patch of the sort per chance?
the processor should be strong enough for this game shouldnt it?
yes this computer is brand new made 2 weeks ago everythign is new and freshly installed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i talked to my comp guys before and they said windows will only see 3 gigs max but applications will use the 4 gigs if i look into my bios there 4 gigs present. plus you see machines run with 12 gigs liek that new I7 processor and mobo combo with 12 gigs. which i wanna get later on lol plus i cant open my case, i will break the warrenty and last time my computer fried i dont wanna take that risk if i break the warrenty. =(

you guys say this is a cpu dominant game? well iw as lookign at my CPU usage and it only was at 53 % is there any way to have it run 100 % souly for the game to run better or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i got a question im running this INtel thing that was on there sight and on it its sasy my core wha its expected and its 2.80 GHZ and it sasy reported from core both 1 and 2 1.99 GHZ are supposed to shared the 2.80 or is that meant per core? and if its per core than is there somethign wrong with this machine why it is not running at 2.8 per core>?

EDIT problem fixed i need to flash my bios =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0