• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

is the game hacked?

I just wanted to see if anyone had suspected (proved) any cheating while playing this game. I have been playing the game for 3 years and it was only until recently I have been seeing what I suspect is wall hacking. I use to admin a COD server and it was rampant back in those days. As you can imagine, with a wall hack, you never have to check corners, and can easily find people camping and always (almost always) get the first shot in encounters. Its hard to prove, since I think the SPEC window in this game is not very good, but from my personal experience hacks seem to have arrived.
Aim bots are difficult to detect, but I have only (1) experience that I suspected one being used.

I would be curious to hear what the other opinions are on this topic.

I just wanted to see if anyone had suspected (proved) any cheating...........I would be curious to hear what the other opinions are on this topic.

i take it you mean suspected or proved cos they are obviously different things. -
Personmally i've never suspected it as a resulty of witnessing odd gameplay behavior 1st hand-
also having made sometimes outlandish kills myself, as anyone who's played a bit does, you have to give benifit of the doubt when on the recieving end.
A fair few times I've been casually jogging round a corner with a rifle lowered only to quickly and instinctivly hit fire and drop an enemy that I hardly even regestered is there yet. I've had it happen too me so i know it looks suspect.

That said while i would consider it less prevelant than more popular games, it would be foolish to presume that there is no cheating in the game at all - phaps it goes somewhat undetected because the skills of many in this game succeed even over those who get a helping hand though cheats.

When you tube have cheat vids- i'd start worriing.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread. I am a little more at ease since nobody has evidence of any hacking going on in the RO game.

I do agree with Dogbadger about some crazy shots and lucky breaks, but that must be considered the exception. In this case we are looking for players who seem to get those "crazy shots" all the time. I have also shot people through smoke, but again that is lucky, but if you see people who always get shots in smoke...then that raises some questions.

JS

Upvote 0
also having made sometimes outlandish kills myself, as anyone who's played a bit does, you have to give benifit of the doubt when on the recieving end.
A fair few times I've been casually jogging round a corner with a rifle lowered only to quickly and instinctivly hit fire and drop an enemy that I hardly even regestered is there yet. I've had it happen too me so i know it looks suspect.

My gripe with one particular fellow that frequents Australian servers is that the above detailed scenarios seems to be a regular, if not perpetual occurance. I wont name him because I can't prove that he is cheating (despite his bragging), but the individual seems uncannily lucky from short, medium and long ranges in the prone, squatting, walking running or sprinting situations. What's more, it is always a 1 shot - 1 kill situation regardless of the degree of difficulty.

Gotta say, it sucks all the fun out of it so whenever I see the player in the server, I just quit as do others in my clan. A lot easier than getting into childish flame wars and stressing over what is after all a game.

Upvote 0
My gripe with one particular fellow that frequents Australian servers is that the above detailed scenarios seems to be a regular, if not perpetual occurance. I wont name him because I can't prove that he is cheating (despite his bragging), but the individual seems uncannily lucky from short, medium and long ranges in the prone, squatting, walking running or sprinting situations. What's more, it is always a 1 shot - 1 kill situation regardless of the degree of difficulty.

Does this person play ONLY german infantry with 98K?

Upvote 0