• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

***Your Favorite Whiskey***

PUTZ

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
Putz you should start a whisky thread to discuss in there if you are a taster. To expensive to keep trying different whiskys.

Ok, fine. :)

Yeahp.
5de427cd.jpg

c2214a75.jpg

9fbccbeb.jpg

Now mind you, I'm in a rather rural area with not a huge selection...and draconian laws preventing me from getting stuff from elsewhere by mail. :(

So, what's your fav? Anything small batch/single barrel that I would like?

Last edited:
These are my favourite single malts. Great stuff. And suitable for my wallet too. Very good price/quality one could say.

10yr_bottle.jpg
15yr_bottle.jpg

I wonder what would this ultra bourgeois stuff taste. Probably would blow your head clean off...only 2,200 $ a bottle...If I just won in a lottery or something.:)

40yr_bottle.jpg

This is one bourbon I like a lot.

woodford_reserve_gr.jpg

Upvote 0
Excellent thread!
Knob Creek ooh that sounds dirty :D

Had one of these lovelies over christmas, expensive but well worth it:
386914737_532fbbd402.jpg

Man is it good!

Also, a bottle of Laphroaig is a must to have stocked at all time.

Doesn't really count as a whisky but I'm partial to a good Drambuie after dinner instead of that Cognac moonshine everybody drinks:
Drambuie_Black_Ribbon.jpg

As to Bourbon - mix it with coke and icecubes its ok I guess :p

Nothing like cruising the steppes in a tank sipping on a glass of single malt :D

Upvote 0
Smoky peaty whiskies are my favourite, mostly Islays. Currently in my cabinet are Talisker 10, Lagavullin 16, Laphroaig 10 (Quarter Cask being my favourite), Ardbeg 10, Black Grouse (quite good actually), Bushmills Black Bush, Grants (horrible stuff, was a gift :eek:) and my newest discovery a Speyside: Cragganmore 12.
I might be starting to shift to more subtle and softer whiskies. Bourbon whiskey is something I haven't delved in at all (yet).

And don't even dare mix decent whisky with anything but a tad of water!

Upvote 0
TBH, for mixing I perfer CC-10year (it meets a certain price/performance ratio), but for straight-drinking, best I've had is Johnny Walker Green... although that's a rare treat.. i have a myster bottle of JW-Red here that I found.

Aside from that, I'm ok with any of the 'better' and higher whiskeys and bourbons. (ie: Makers Mark, Glennfidditch, even JD or Jim)

Upvote 0
I've been banned for life from drinky Whiskey (Bourbon's ok though).

The last time was 16 years ago, I had a fight.
Four years before that, I had a fight...
2 years before that, you've guessed it, had a fight.

I now live on the French/German border, drink schnapps get drunk, laugh, go to sleep happy.

I lean toward a Mirabelle or Cherry at 51

Upvote 0