• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Community Questions

Demonic Spoon

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2006
Alright. So I recently returned to RO since I got my CPU fixed and can actually play it.

When I can, I play on TWB East coast server. Low ping, haven't seen any crappy admins, good maps, etc...but obviously it doesn't always have a decent population. In fact, because it's a 50 player server, and it often has less than 20 people during the day, gameplay is pretty screwed up if you don't join it when it has a good population. 8 people per team with weapon selections designed for 25 is a bit wrong.

So, I then have to look for other servers that are close to full. So far, I've found populated

a) European servers. The other TWB servers and several others. The high ping makes playing very difficult, as I seem to get 200+ ping.

b) crappy American servers. By "crappy" I mean <Some map> 24/7 or with some other huge issues that annoy me.

The end result is that I can only play RO during US primetime, because otherwise I'm destined to screwed up gameplay via lack of players or epic lag or playing on the same map ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Is there any recourse here? RO as a game is awesome but the problems above are making it virtually impossible for me to find a good game.

I know what you mean about the servers. I always play the two TWB servers during the day since they are always filled, but my ping is always 150-190 which sometimes makes the game not play so well especially with rifle.
At night when the TWB east is filled I can play there just fine with a 50 ping. We have a good following on the TWB servers though it's always the same people playing and everyone usually is playing to win. The only problem for me is though I always work until 9 at night so it makes me stay up even later just to play a good game.
Even worst is the mods and player population. I finally have RO back myself and downloaded DH and MN. Both of these mods look outstanding, but hardly anyone ever plays. Maybe with a new version people will play.

Upvote 0