• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

So it's just like I expected, 2 new campaigns = dead air and death toll now on versus; survival mode = unlimited waves of zombies till you die

Seriously how can they call this 'Survival Pack' and even charge money for it on 360(or maybe they have to)? I would've expected at least one new movie or a new gun or IDK, this is pretty disappointed and sure won't get me back to L4D(personally).

Upvote 0
Wasn't the burnout paradise bike addon free on the xbox? It was on ps3, it was a necessary game update/patch if you tried to run the game when connected online, so you didn't have to go to the marketplace to get it, couldn't they just do that?

Anyway ive got it for PC and I really doubt that valve will charge on PC because, its valve, they know when to charge people for addons and seem to have a good relationship with their community. And its a reasonably small update and I'd imagine that they originally wanted the two other vs campaigns to be in from the start.

Upvote 0
Nightzero.com, some strange post apocalyptic live action graphic novel folks have done a little homage to L4D, Left 5 Dead if you ignore the random pirate guy its pretty freaky with their stylised photos i had to double take it incase it was some digital renders. Oh and their Bill's similarity is just scary.

3378891403_02a8e0a62d.jpg
3378891395_006fa982ea.jpg

3378902297_9503c266a1.jpg

rest of and larger pics on their flickr
Edit: Smaller pics

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, only took them 5months+ to finish this BIG update with an imo useless new gameplay mode(where's the point in fighting off infinite hordes if there's no chance of actually winning) and the other 2 versus maps which should've been there from the beginning. Oh and the SDK which comes much too late as well, but at least it's there now. The basic features of this 'DLC' sure will not make me go back to L4D, but eventually a load of great custom scenarios will.

Valve sure is special but idk they just kinda screwed up here. Especcially a content-wise very limited game at release like L4D was and still is needs QUICK support and not like this.

Upvote 0
Wow, only took them 5months+ to finish this BIG update with an imo useless new gameplay mode(where's the point in fighting off infinite hordes if there's no chance of actually winning) and the other 2 versus maps which should've been there from the beginning. Oh and the SDK which comes much too late as well, but at least it's there now. The basic features of this 'DLC' sure will not make me go back to L4D, but eventually a load of great custom scenarios will.

Valve sure is special but idk they just kinda screwed up here. Especcially a content-wise very limited game at release like L4D was and still is needs QUICK support and not like this.
I almost never agree with Dragon, but I agree with all of the above.

Upvote 0
I almost never agree with Dragon, but I agree with all of the above.

I'm afraid I agree with Dragon too. What is the world coming to?

Valve have a habit of taking ****ing forever to do very little (HL2 episodes for example).
The new gameplay mode could be interesting, but ultimately looks quite bleh - an endless finale scenario with ever increasing frequency of spawns for specials doesn't sound like it will have that much long term appeal.

The SDK and the custom campaigns that are sure to come out are the only thing that will give L4D new appeal. I'm sick of vs and find it too difficult to find a game that is actually balanced - and not just rape.

Upvote 0