• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In fact this mod will be released over steam soon and there is no other version than the steam version ;)
If you buy the game in a shop you have to register it on steam.

You are not assuming, earlier you were claiming this as a fact. Nobody is questioning DH's quality, we are just saying it has not been announced officially. I could say;

"In fact Killing Floor will be released on the 14th April 2009" but what would be the point as I have no idea when it will be released, but I may assume it!

So in other words just wait till the DH team let us know when the next release is coming and in what format. :)

Upvote 0
You are not assuming, earlier you were claiming this as a fact. Nobody is questioning DH's quality, we are just saying it has not been announced officially. I could say;

"In fact Killing Floor will be released on the 14th April 2009" but what would be the point as I have no idea when it will be released, but I may assume it!

So in other words just wait till the DH team let us know when the next release is coming and in what format. :)
Thank you Sam, I couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Upvote 0
You're not crazy Worluk, however that post was made by an excited ex-mapper shortly after MN went on Steam, based on his personal assumption that if they'd done it, then we must have been next in line. It's not quite so black and white in reality however, and despite endless speculation on the part of the community, we've not officially stated anywhere what our method of release will be.

Upvote 0
But Steam had a news item about several RO Mods (plural), with MN being the first one, to be released through Steam.

Red Orchestra MODs - Now on Steam

It's true that that they didn't say a thing about DH in the news item, but which other MOD could it be? Not CC, I think, and surely not Defense Alliance 2.
So that leaves us with the only available mod for RO besides MN, CC and DA2: Darkest Hour.

Also, DH is the only mod beside MN, that Steam has "promoted" before:

Weekend Deals: Eve Online and Red Orchestra

So either DH will be released on Steam in the future, or Steam/Valve have changed their minds or something.
But I don't think it's that strange people are thinking DH will be released on Steam, with all these "hints".

Last edited:
Upvote 0