• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Theatre Of Conflict present's "All Fronts" Campaign..

TOC_ad.jpg

Unit Leaders and Soldiers of the RO Community,
Theathers of Conflict would like to announce the start of a new realism campaign! The campaign will start off in June 1941 on both the Russian and African Fronts. The campaign will see the creation of different Army Groups which will consist of several units fighting in different sectors (N. Russia, S. Russia and Africa). Each Army Group will have its portion of the front to take care of and help acheive ultimate victory on. One of the unique things that this campaign hopes to achieve is expanding the respect and enjoyment of realism play by allowing clans that don't usaully play by these rules take part. These clans will not have to have their members change their gamenames. The clans will be refered to in and out-of-game as a historically accurate unit name so that things will look realistic on paper. These clans will get to partake in our fun without having to go the full mile out of game. In game they will have to play by our rules, as will be made quite clear from the beginning.

Not that you've heard one of our big ideas for T.O.C., here are some of the other opportunities this campaign hopes to present to the realism community...

-A 2 Front War (3 once 1944 rolls around)

-40 and 50 person Servers (Working hard to get Armoured Beast for all maps)

-Starting Equipment and personnel allocated to each Army Group, split amongst each AG's units, which will be recorded accurately as the campaign progresses.

-Equipment and personnel reinforcements will be allocated to different Fronts to keep armies supplied as they would have been historically.

-Historically Correct Equipment will be used on each map and will become available as time progresses; including Inf. weapons, Armor and even lend-lease vehicles.

-Interactive Website and Forum Map for all unit members to follow and enjoy!

-Matches on a continuous basis and in multiple theathers! Your unit wont be playing every weekend though, so you'll have time to do practices or other scrims with your unit on off weekends.

-Maps will be played which are correct to the region in question, all of which will be represented on the Interative Map.

-The ability for your unit to portray not just 1, but 2 units on the 2 fronts. If you want to fight German in Russia, and German/ Italian in Africa at the same time, then that'll be fine.

Gentlemen let's face it, what is important at this time is to bring back the realism we all enjoyed in the past. The website and a few final campaign details are being completed as I type this message out. The date planned to unvail everything will be on the 17th of this month and the campaign is hopefully ready to launch in early February. Unit Leaders, with winter vacations coming to a close this would be a perfect time to get your units reorganized and ready to fight again on the front lines. I'm sure many of you know David Metalbourne (Founder of T.O.C.) and myself through our our activity in the RO community. We have spent countless hours on this campaign and we know this campaign has what you want. We are both open to any questions you might have.

Right now the Campaign management wants to get an idea of which units would be extremely interested in this type of a campaign. Just message below with any questions or a friendly message just to let us know what you think. I promise to keep everyone posted on whats going on.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you all for your time and I hope to hear back from lots of you shortly!

vr,
Rottenf

Last edited:
I just want to say I am extremely excited at the start of this campaign, and I hope it achieves great success. Yourself and Werner have done an excellent job in organizing it, and I hope the units taking part (including mine) get everything going in a hassle-free and good-natured atmosphere.

Best of luck to everyone involved, (although not too much luck to my opponents). I look forward to gaming with everyone soon.

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone. We've all been working hard on this campaign for a long time now and we want to make sure everything is right before we open it to the public. I can say i'm very excited about it and I think clans fighting beside/against realism units (but everyone is under the same rules) will help out everyone. I think we've made great comprimises so both sides Axis and Allies will not fight over what is real/fair and what isn't. That's why it was good working with Allies and Axis on the setup with this. We've done all that we can to try to make this the most realistic campaign the game will allow.

We've made new weapons/tanks available close to when they first saw action that month. We've seperated maps according to months as well so if it's winter, you will be fighting in the snow (most likely).

So there shouldn't be any bickering between what's fair/real or not. I'm sure there will be, but due to the scale of this and the rules outlining everything, hopefully everyone will just play and have fun with it.

Upvote 0
Just wondering, on the eastern front battles is it possible if you can make all maps with CC. So as to give variations in Armor and anti tank for the soviets in the early years. Rather than having to rely on just a PTRD and suicidal satchels or just KV and T34/76. This is that they did in IC and it made for great battles.

We can if we can get a dedicated 50 or 40 slot server for CC, so if you know someone that is willing to donate one for this let me know. We've taken CC out because we couldn't find someone that could let us use their server for this mod and we can't keep changing it back and forth from RO to CC. So if you find a server for us then yes, because we wanted to use CC from the beginning.

Also, you do NOT have to be in a clan to play this, we have individual sign ups and you can play any front, but can only remain Axis or Allies.

Upvote 0
Actually, you can switch between RO and CC in webadmin. And even if only CC is running (the gametype) and a RO map is currently active, the guy joining wouldnt even notice there is something like CC on the server.

All given the server is set up correctly...

Very good then, I will see what can be done since it isn't my server that we will be using, but it would be great to find a dedicated server for this mod. Ask around if you can to see who would be willing to do this and get back to me please.

Thank you,

Metal

Upvote 0
Mercenary Suggestions

Mercenary Suggestions

Ehm wait a second guys

Mercenaries? That sounds very conducive for rambo-esque and lone-wolf gameplay. I'm not sure that is a logical way to proceed about a campaign for teamplay because it will probably feel a lot like pubbing to them. Mabye it would be better for in campaign battles that mercenaries are forbidden to play unless they're three of them on a side and then that way they can all be in the same vent channel. Also they should always play for the side in the war with less people. For the sake of immersion let's not call them mercenaries either. Perhaps for the British and Italians we could call them Colonial Troops, for the Germans they could be Volksgrenadiers or Luftwaffefeldtruppen, and mabye Militia for the Soviets (or mabye something else?). Just a suggestion, I'm looking foward to this.

Upvote 0
There will be no Lone wolf play. Mercenaries will be encouraged to form little squads of thier own. I hope the admins set up a Council type structure for any disputes similar to that used in IC. For example. The Soviets are using a squad of mercenaries. one mercenary goes off on his own and not following the elected leaders orders. The Axis spot this and take a screenshot (this will be needed as proof), after the game the axis dispute this in the council with thier representatives. They plea thier case and a decision is taken by vote from the council.

Upvote 0