• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game 2 Armor system?

Who ever said that game 2 was even going to be or have anything related to Armor???

The ONLY thing we know game 2 is an FPS that's about it, heck could be a Left 4 Dead Clone.

Everyone keeps assuming they are doing a WWII game which was really never stated. It's probably going to be modern combat game if anything.

Heck it could even be a new Unreal Tournament game with a TWI twist???

Time will tell and at this pace I'll be 50 by the time it's released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can imagine the day Tripwire release the information saying game 2 is anything other than a WWII realistic based FPS the news is going to gocrazy with people going postal and murdering everyone around them...

+1

trust me, after learning so much about the actual tanks in order to play and mod RO, you get kind of attached to the few that aren't in game yet and the ones that are. I doubt game 2 will be anything other than a WW2 FPS (infantry and tank sim if we are lucky). It would be tough to learn about nearly every tank in WW2 knowing almost every single detail down to the millimeter, then say "Ok lets build a harrier jumpjet"

Upvote 0
in the end thats what they did when they made RO. they knew nothing and said "hey, let's build a Tiger I!"
i dont think it's too much to expect something new, since part of TWI's reputation is to be innovative and boundary-pushing. releasing the "same game" again wouldnt fit into that concept. i hope for something new.

oh and contrary to you, they get money for doing just that, which would be another reason to except a different game idea

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We'll have destructible environments so tanks can run through the forested areas of maps and topple the trees or take down the tiny fences that surround objectives. Heck, you could just run straight through buildings and hope the caving ceiling takes out any infantry inside. We could fire HE into the ground, creating fox holes for infantry with the craters they leave behind.

It sounds pretty cool in my head. After about 30 minutes, the area would be in ruins.

Upvote 0