• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

My feared face-formation
xrometw2007051521521009hw4.jpg

Upvote 0
it's an old pic, but when I played Rome TW I usually just let my throwers and skirmishers throw a few stones and spears and then tell them to stop because the enemy is too close. That formation is impossible to beat with mellee and horse men anyway, even if you have archers you need loads of them. And tons of katapults and trebuchets

Upvote 0
it's an old pic, but when I played Rome TW I usually just let my throwers and skirmishers throw a few stones and spears and then tell them to stop because the enemy is too close. That formation is impossible to beat with mellee and horse men anyway, even if you have archers you need loads of them. And tons of katapults and trebuchets

Urban Cohorts would win.

Upvote 0
Some more civ humor:
civ4screenshot0000bx0.jpg

civ4screenshot0001ea9.jpg

civ4screenshot0002wz3.jpg

I love this game. I didn't try it earlier because the "turn-based" put me off. I liked some turn-based rpgs but the thought of turn-based strategy games didn't appeal to me at all. Along came Rome and I bought that mainly for the real-time battles but I found the turn-based part to be very engaging as well. Thankfully Rome lured me into this genre because I certainly wouldn't be playing Civ without it.

There is a problem with my Beyond the Sword though. The wonder movies tend to crash the game. There is an .ini setting to disable them but I don't want to lose them since they are quite awesome. I checked some civ boards but it doesn't seem to be a common issue and disabling the vids was the only solution that was suggested over there. Grml. Can anyone here help me?

Upvote 0
Theatre of war.

Renault AMR 35zt lays down suppresive fire with its 20mm auto cannon. Crap french military omits to issue HE rounds sadly.:(

On the left is a knocked out Panhard AMC P16. Note the open rear hatches where the crew have bailed, one fo my favourite "fluff" features of tow :eek:

PzII knocked out by Suoma S35. The one time the french military were ever capable of pwning the germans.;):p

Crew are in the proccess of bailing after a solid hit to the engine. The 2 in the screen bailed safely, but 5 seconds later the fire spread to the ammo and blew the turret off. Sadly I was at the other end of the map and didn't get a pic.:eek:

EDIT: This is my first time taking the trouble in gimp to edit out the unit indicator icons, took me nearly 2 hours. :eek:

Personaly I consider I did quite a good job for my first time using gimp for anything but resizing and saving as JPEG, but any criticism would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry about double post, wierd forums seem to count each image twice for some reason.

Slllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww reload. 2 PzII Ausf.C attempt to flank in the window granted. Not that it would have done them any good even if they did succeed.:D

Still reloading, drive faster!!!! LOS LOS LOS!

She shoots...

She scores:eek:

Upvote 0
There is a problem with my Beyond the Sword though. The wonder movies tend to crash the game.[...]
I found a solution. In the same .ini where the videos can be disabled (CivilizationIV.ini in the MyGames/Beyond the Sword directory) there is a line that disables the "background" while the vids are playing so basically the map goes black. This seems to have fixed the crashes. Played a few hours since and I built a few wonders too and the game was rock-stable again.

A religious council of heathen peoples decided I had to give a city back and I defied the resolution. I tried playing nice before and lost a city in the process. My Jewish Celts just don't have enough votes in that council to make a difference. Well, defied it and got myself into war with three of them... In the process I found this:
civ4screenshot0002mt5.jpg

:D

Upvote 0