• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Yes. There is a limit for units per battle in the vanilla game and if the forces are bigger reenforcements get spawned in once the initial forces are killed. There is a limit for the respawns too and if the forces are even bigger then the battle is split into multiple "rounds" of sorts. There is a mod that lets you change those limits though.

Egypt making a convincing point...:)
civ4screenshot0002oa2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
800 vs 1000 isnt that big a difference, though.
I remember a match in Rome: Total War where i was outnumbered 3 times lol, and i came out on top.
I hid my soldiers in a forest, so only my general was visible. That led to a rush by the enemy. When they got close enough, my archers stood up and started firing at the enemy, so they started suffering casualties.
Then they got closer, my infantry stood up and threw their javelins, wiping out half of some units, then they just charged them, general around the back and into their side, first units started to rout. Then that panic slowly spread through the entire enemy army while the rest of my legionaires were holding out as long as needed. Tough battle, but i made it, and those moments are truely epic :)
Cool little detail then sometimes pops up on the campaign map, pointing out places of epic struggle against all odds wich were won. Just like you just made history, like we still know about some battles from medieval times etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been thinking about picking up ArmA, these co-op games you guys do look pretty fun. I was wondering though, how is it compared to OFP? I played that a little back in the day and I kinda felt lost as far as the playing interface and all that. I never really understood what the hell was going on, but the prospect of wide-map co-op tickles my fancy.

Upvote 0
Compared to OFP it's pretty much the same with better graphics. There are some changes but none of them would make someone who didn't like OFP at all like ArmA all of a sudden, except for the graphics maybe, if they were the reason.
You should give it another chance anyway, in my opinion. Back in the days when OFP was released I was happily playing RtCW and OFP seemed so muddy that I could barely see anything and what I saw was confusing. Didn't last long because I got shot out of nowhere soon. :p Nowadays I really like the game. You can download the demo for ArmA and check it out without having to buy the cat in the sack.

Upvote 0