• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Virus Problem. A BIG ONE!

Speirs

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
My dad was using my computer and seems to have gotten some kind of virus, trojan, or whatever. He said a website needed an active x thing so he hit download then all sorts of stuff came up on screen.

When I log on to my name and try to launch any application it doesn't seem to work. Firefox won't come on screen but it says it is running in the processes.

I then tried opening up my virus scanner and when I clicked the scan button it simply froze.

All other applications I have freeze before they are fully loaded also.

So at this point I can't use my virus remover. What should I do?

I read you can restart in safe mode and you can get programs to work so I'm going to try that.

If anyone has any recommendations please help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
download malwarebytes' anti-malware and fixwareout. They will solve your problems (in addition to Spybot and Adaware)

PM me if you need me to send them to you, I don't think fixwareout is on the internet anywhere anymore...

also check out bleeping computer (just google it), their guides point you to some really good software that's free

Upvote 0
So basically I have tried Adaware, Spybot, Malbytes, AVG, A2, and a few others which have all found thing but not the one that isn't letting me get on the internet and use applications.

I have a Hijack This log waiting to be looked at on another website right now. So now it's just a matter of waiting for the guys to get a chance to look at it.

Upvote 0