• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game 2 is gonna have to be one hell of a game

The point is that SP is more than possible.
Common sense (for what its worth) and high hopes depicts that SP + MP, it will be.
Talent such as TWI has, does not go bankrupt, it gets financed/supported.
I hope its fresh and innovative.
Anyway they know exactly what they want to do...

I will wait patiently till the time is just.

Upvote 0
.......If they really are gonna do a singleplayer and multiplayer game, I'm affraid they won't be finished by 2010 :)

..which would be fine by me tbh - as far as i'm concerned there is/will be plenty more out there to be getting on with until then -
so personally i'd rather have a more solid offering with more variety (+ therefore longevity), for the sake of 1 or even 2 years extra dev time.

Upvote 0
Yea but their publisher will probably set up a date which will be too early if they focus on both SP and MP forcing TWI to release an unfinished game. Like alot of games that have great potential but were released too early turning them into a game with lots of bugs but great gameplay. There's a reason why most games focus only SP or MP.

Upvote 0
AFAIK TW has said that game2 will have a SP and people who liked RO will like Game2. Wasn't that the reason why they hired AI coders?

If they have said it that outright, then i have missed it sadly.. but nevertheless, there's lots of things pointing in the direction of them making something SP, or atleast with an SP element.

Basically, all you really need to know is that they have been hiering "AI coders", and that the TWI mod team origionally wanted to make an SP mod about the "Red Orchestra" spy ring, before coming to the logical conclution that making such an SP mod for UT2003 was more than a Herculean task for a small mod team, and decided to make it an MP team game instead.

Knowing that, it seem very likely that TWI would, at the very least, be interested in making something SP, but probably still with MP as it has been kind to them.

Upvote 0
AFAIK TW has said that game2 will have a SP and people who liked RO will like Game2. Wasn't that the reason why they hired AI coders?

but it may basically be like practise mode, but with competent bots this time. Cause its one of the points most people complain.

I'm sure the devs feel ashamed anytime they tell a newbie that they can play single player against bots

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- I would like Game 2 to have support of up 100 players at once

- Full support for PhysX (I know the UE3 supports it but I want it to be in Game 2)

- Support for Dual/Multi core CPUs

- First person actor (ability to see your own chest or legs)

- A mantling system (I want to climb a 6 foot wall)

- The holstering of weapons via sling action just like in the last two BIA games

- 3D voices and possibly support for X-fi soundcards with X-RAM

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- I would like Game 2 to have support of up 100 players at once

- Full support for PhysX (I know the UE3 supports it but I want it to be in Game 2)

- Support for Dual/Multi core CPUs

- First person actor (ability to see your own chest or legs)

- A mantling system (I want to climb a 6 foot wall)

- The holstering of weapons via sling action just like in the last two BIA games

- 3D voices and possibly support for X-fi soundcards with X-RAM

1.)Woudlnt having 100 players at once be a little too taxing? We should look at games that have come out which supported more than 100 players.. like Joint Operations/ BF2 (i think).. How many 100 player servers are there left today? I think it would be too crazy to have 100 players from a map design/game balance standpoint.. it seems like more of a novelty.

2.)lol Are you one of the suckers who bought into Ageia Physx? lol

3.) A given

4.) I like

5.) I've never played BIA so what kind of benefit do you get from holstering your weapons?

6.) Yeah 3d Voices, although there should be a server option to change it back to old school style.

As for the people who mentioned that WW2 has been overdone. Whilst WW2 has been overdone, it has never been done 100% right so i still believe there is room for improvement, and I would also love to see a RO port to ue3 engine with everything from old RO fixed. Take examples like AOE2 to AOE3 Did it really change for the better? Who would have been happy with an AOE2 redone with latest advances in RTS tech?! Ask around! tons of people would love this.

My thoughts on Game2:.. It most likely wont be RO2, but whatever it is i will support it because RO has lasted me so long ive gotten full value after paying full retail price in stores.

I also hope Game 2 is not modern combat as OFP2 (which i suspect will be arcadey and less realistic than OFP1) and ARMA2 will most likely take away players from that market. I also hope GAME 2 is released on steam and take full advantage of all steam features.

Upvote 0
Well, the sling on a rifle is purely cosmeting, but it's immersive imo.
It doesnt do anything gameplay-wise. But it got implemented in EiB, not in RTH30, but both games run on the exact same engine (maybe EIB with some graphical enhancements, but rudimentary). Because pretty much everything they wanted was already in, they could put in weaponslings, you know, extra stuff making it more immersive.

Upvote 0
Just imagine RO ported to UE3 with

-realtime dynamic bullet penetration and physics effects

ie. bullets ripping part fences/brick, tanks being able to plow through a tree
or roll over fences...

-Single player bots that can actually go prone and carefully move to objective, covering each other and have situational awareness.

-Real life non-ragdoll body physics.(actually RO does a pretty good job already with their ragdoll but it could be better)
ie. simulating bones when soldier dies. Those who have seen ppl getting shot in RL will know what im talking aboot.

-even better netcode

-no more clipping issues(bodies and guns form and collide with the world anybody who has played infiltration mod for ut99 will know what im talking aboot with the guns colliding with walls and such)

-realistic cod4-like animations

Those features alone would be enough to warrant $59.99 of my cold hard cash.

Lol im sure you've all heard these suggestions before... (although they arent really suggestions :p )

Yeah Game 2 doesnt really have to be all that different for ME! dunno aboot u guys though!!

Reactions: billyboy
Upvote 0
-no more clipping issues(bodies and guns form and collide with the world anybody who has played infiltration mod for ut99 will know what im talking aboot with the guns colliding with walls and such)

I was going to include that as my 8th :) but yeah when a weapon touches a wall for example the weapon should be held back or sideways across the chest not sticking out through the wall like a sore thumb.

Upvote 0