• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Cap problem

justus916

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2008
I made 2 caps in my map and I'm having alittle problem! 1st cap is apartments and the 2nd is office when i cap the apartments it starts to cap the office in the same building of apartments. Is it bc I didn't build another volume brush I just moved it over to the 2nd cap and put a volume with the same brush I used on the 1st cap.... I don't think it matters does it?TY

the objective volumes should be called out in the objective actors. Name the volume in the "volume tag" of the objective actor properties. ROObjective\Volume Tag.

the actual volume than needs to have the same name in the events setting of the volume -- put the name in the events\tag thingy of the volume properties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the only other thing I can think of is to look at the layout of your objective volumes in side view. make sure the two objective volumes aren't intersecting each other.

i could also look at your *.rom file if you would like to see if I can figure out what the problem is. A second set of eyes never hurts and I sometimes wish I had someone to take a quick peak at something I am trying to do on the SDK.

Upvote 0
Jeff I looked at some RO stock maps and got an idea of things. One thing though after I cap my 1st cap I get a message saying allies have almost won the battle when I have 7 caps? Also after I cap a point and leave the cap zone the meter bar for the cap doesn't disappear until I get to the next cap then it does the same thing? One last thing 1st secure apartments
2nd Capture office is what my first to caps are.In the cap propreties I have allies des. secure apartments and axis des.defend apartments so on and so forth.I have these not recapable but after I cap them it say defend apartments/defend office like there recapable? Is it bc I need to have the caps activate and deactivate in the master objective command?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have fixed most of the problems with the caps but I'm still getting the message when I cap the 1st objective. Axis have almost lost the battle when I still have 7 caps to go to the last one.The other is on the last cap when I cap it the game does not END?:rolleyes:

I have had similar problems with objectives. Unfortunately I can't always remember what it was I ended up doing to remedy the problem -- aside from lotz of fiddeling and testing and trial and error.

Check the number of objective settings in the ROLevelInfo Actor properties. Try setting it to zero (0).

Also recheck all the ROObjTerritory Objective Property settings. Make sure that the "objective Required" is set to "true" for all the objectives.

Make sure the objective priorities settings and objective number settings are sequential and that you don't have any that share the same numeric settings for these two properties.

Upvote 0