• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

I take it you got your connection issues fixed?
Free wireless is much better when no one else in online at 3am. :D

I installed the 180.48 Nvidia drivers last night.
I deleted the 180.48 Nvidia drivers this evening.

So much stuttering I couldn't even t, t, t, talk, err, I mean play.
Gone back to 178.24.

Try if you like, just to see what happens.:D

Are you sure it is not the problem I had with the multithreading and my dual core?

I had to enter "mat_queue_mode 0" into console for the demo or I would get mad hanging/stuttering ingame. My G15 would show both cores locked at 100% but after the command they were trucking along at like 50-60%.

In the full version I have the same problem but there is an option under video setting to disable multithread rendering and that solves my problem. The console command has to be entered every time you restart the game.

I am running the 180.48 drivers and they are smooth as silk for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got my copy in today (used free shipping and it only took two days :confused::D). Beat the Death Toll campaign on Advanced, damn is the final battle hard. Of the six retrys, five were from the the last battle. The house there is a great defense against everything except tanks, the second you see one of those you are ready to jump out of any window at a moments notice.

Also, I got to play it was some great guys. Except one guy wasn't using his mic and would horde health, using it only on himself. Didn't drag the game down though, he left after the fourth retry and we beat the final battle with a bot :p. I can't wait to play this in split screen with a friend.

Going hop on a again, if anyone has the 360 version my tag is PigDn (don't ask, besides I'm not going to pay MS $8 to change it).

Upvote 0
Free wireless is much better when no one else in online at 3am. :D

Are you sure it is not the problem I had with the multithreading and my dual core?

I had to enter "mat_queue_mode 0" into console for the demo or I would get mad hanging/stuttering ingame. My G15 would show both cores locked at 100% but after the command they were trucking along at like 50-60%.

In the full version I have the same problem but there is an option under video setting to disable multithread rendering and that solves my problem. The console command has to be entered every time you restart the game.

I am running the 180.48 drivers and they are smooth as silk for me.

Thanks Buddy, I'll check it out later, (of to work).
No stuttering at all with 178.24 deivers !

Upvote 0
I did a pistols only and no healing run on No Mercy yesterday with Bobdog, Yoshi and Morello. Pretty fun.

/me is achievement whore

Also,

bf91fe8ae6038127b58ad4d168891c2ecb7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bet the other infected were pissed off, Putz. ;)

Had the chance to try Versus for the first time yesterday. It needs some work imo. Either it's biased towards the survivors, or the infected, usually the survivors seem to win. I guess teamwork has a lot to do with it but it looks like Versus isn't very balanced. Campaign mode is still beter.

Also, I wish the infected playtime lasts a bit longer. You spawn three - five times as an infected and that's it, end of round. It's a nice idea and all but I want to be able to play as infected longer than 10 minutes. Also, you should be able to play Versus mode offline against AI so you can practice infected controls. Now you just get owned because you don't get time to practice at all (unless you do it alone on a rooftop, but you'll be letting your teammates down).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just that one guy I killed on adrenaline. but we made a pact where the Tank would not attack the survivors...because it becomes tremendously unfun for everyone at that point. The survivors die instantly (very often) and the special infected dont get to play at all...because the Tank gets all the fun. :|

Upvote 0
Got this today, went through two campaigns. Its great fun. My favorite moment so far . I was near the end of a safe room on low health and so Smoker dragged me away :S. Plus one of friends just took the rescue at the end of the campaign and left us all behind because we were down. He didn't want to help us. (for a laugh ofc)

Upvote 0
So are Tier 2 weapons flat out better than Tier 1? I say this because the Uzi and the M16 are evenly matched IMO. The both have the same mag size, but the UZI fires faster, does less damage, has less spread during continuous fire, and has lower accuracy. However, the M16 is the opposite. The shotguns are a different story, I would take the semi-auto shotgun any day of the week over the pump. The auto holds two more rounds, has a higher ROF (duh), and does more damage. The only thing I'm not sure about is how the spread compares, I think the auto shotty's is wider but I haven't used the pump long enough to really tell with any certainty. Finally... pistols, there is absolutely no downside whatsoever to having dual pistols that I have seen, I think even the reload times are the same. What do you guys think? Do the Tier 2 weapons blow the Tier 1's out of the water? And if yes, should they? Personally, I would like all weapons to have a role and still be valid when you run across others (since there are so few).

Got this today, went through two campaigns. Its great fun. My favorite moment so far . I was near the end of a safe room on low health and so Smoker dragged me away :S. Plus one of friends just took the rescue at the end of the campaign and left us all behind because we were down. He didn't want to help us. (for a laugh ofc)
Heh... I finally was in a campaign where all the survivors lived. It was Dead Air on Advanced. Tip: there is this small room in the back corner where you start the finale, we would hole up in there until a tank came. We almost lost one in the battle between tank spawns trying to get back to the little room.

We almost all lived on Death Toll as well. Alas, meleeing (or whatever the appropriate word would be) a tank does not always shift his focus to you, so we lost one guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I didn't like the Uzi I always ran out of ammo. The sniper rifle is useless most of the times. And I didn't like the auto-shotgun because reloding takes to long and you can fire it too fast :p

Not sure but was the M16/M4 more penetration power? Aka row killing of zombies

So for me the best weapon is the Assault rifle then the normal shotgun, auto shot gun, Uzi, pistols.

Can't wait for the stuff they come up with. More maps are a must have but what else?

Upvote 0
Personally I didn't like the Uzi I always ran out of ammo. The sniper rifle is useless most of the times. And I didn't like the auto-shotgun because reloding takes to long and you can fire it too fast :p

Not sure but was the M16/M4 more penetration power? Aka row killing of zombies

So for me the best weapon is the Assault rifle then the normal shotgun, auto shot gun, Uzi, pistols.
Yeah the reload on the auto shotty can be annoying if you fire it dry. What I usually do is reload one round, press melee to interrupt the cocking animation, it should cut the cocking time by a quarter.
Can't wait for the stuff they come up with. More maps are a must have but what else?
I hope for a new difficulty mode, like a alternate for expert. In this mode I imagine damage to survivors would be reduced almost to the level of Advanced, the trade off being only headshots kill reg zombies, not sure about boss infected though.

Also a Tier 1 version of a the hunting rifle would be nice. I imagine it would be scoped bolt action rifle with a bayonet which one-hit-kills reg zombies.

Upvote 0

Had the chance to try Versus for the first time yesterday. It needs some work imo. Either it's biased towards the survivors, or the infected, usually the survivors seem to win. I guess teamwork has a lot to do with it but it looks like Versus isn't very balanced. Campaign mode is still beter.

Also, I wish the infected playtime lasts a bit longer. You spawn three - five times as an infected and that's it, end of round. It's a nice idea and all but I want to be able to play as infected longer than 10 minutes. Also, you should be able to play Versus mode offline against AI so you can practice infected controls. Now you just get owned because you don't get time to practice at all (unless you do it alone on a rooftop, but you'll be letting your teammates down).

Really it takes good teamwork. I had a few friends playing with me and we were all communicating and we were kicking *** on both sides. I absolutely love playing infected it actually takes a bit of strategy to pull things off in the more open maps of Blood Harvest.

Also you can actually play vs against bots but it's a little buggy. Put this into the console and when you load a map up press P and you'll start as an infected.
bind "p" "sv_cheats 1; sb_all_bot_team 1; director_no_human_zombies 0; jointeam 3; director_force_versus_start"

Untitled0-23-23-51.jpg

Upvote 0