• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning about EVGA

Hiya guys.
Last year i spent £3800 on my PC. I bought 2 EVGA 8800 GTX gfx cards. The best that was available at the time.
EVGA have a lifetime warrenty for their cards which is a big selling point.
Last month my PC crashed to bluescreen after a gfx glitch in game.
When i had it checked i found one of my cards had failed & contacted EVGA.
Following their instructions i send both my cards (SLi) to their factory in Germany.
After a few days i was informed that they would send me a new 9800 GTX but because my other card was dirty!!!?? they would only send one new card & i would have to buy another 9800 if i wanted SLi but i could sell my 8800 (nice of them).
Now some of you may think that this is a good deal. However:-
The card failure has nothing to do with me & was not caused by anything i did.
The working card has, along with most PC components, a suction fan to cool the unit. How exactly this system is supposed to remain clean hasn't yet been explained by EVGA but they don't seem to like dirty cards!!!!
The 9800 is an old card now superceded by the 280 so i'm getting a already out of date gfx card.
I now have to buy ANOTHER old 9800 card to return my system to SLi.
When i emailed them to explain i wasn't happy with the situation they ignored my email.
When i emailed again to ask if they had received my previous email they informed me that the cards had already been dispatched without discussion or consultation.
Had they had the manners to answer my email they would have realised that i intended to send the extra money to buy the 2 x 280 cards instead of sending me one old card & making me buy another already out of date card.
I find their customer service to be rude, blinkered, inflexable & considering their reputation, income & the amount of money i spent on the cards (about

Last edited:
You are supposed to dust off your PC with canned air every once in a while or components overheat and fail...

I have heard EVGA Europe suuucks for customer support.

It is the opposite in The USA though, they are one of the best companies for customer service and support.

Email Joe Darwin at EVGA USA and tell him your beef. He usually cracks the whip and EU falls in line. You can find his email under "support" at EVGA's US Website.

And to my understanding, in The UK you guys passed a consumer protection act in 1979 and the retailer has to replace your card with a new one if it is within the warranty period.

Upvote 0
Better yet, post a thread about your beef in the General Discussion section.

Don't be a total cock, just state your problem and request a solution that will make you happy. I have seen them bend over backwards to keep customers happy, even when the fault lies with Nvidias shyte reference designs.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=30

The squeaky wheel gets the grease every time.

Upvote 0
The saga continues.
After my Gfx cards didn't turn up i used the UPS tracking number to find out where the were.
It turned out that the wrong address had been used & they had returned the cards to EVGA on Nov 4th.
I emailed the company to ask about the problem & when they would be dispatched.
Par for the course my email was ignored.
Today 7 days after my cards were returned to EVGA they emailed me to say they had been returned & to ask for my address again.
I wait with bated breath the next saga of "EVGA

Upvote 0
You are supposed to dust off your PC with canned air every once in a while or components overheat and fail...

I have heard EVGA Europe suuucks for customer support.

It is the opposite in The USA though, they are one of the best companies for customer service and support.

Email Joe Darwin at EVGA USA and tell him your beef. He usually cracks the whip and EU falls in line. You can find his email under "support" at EVGA's US Website.

And to my understanding, in The UK you guys passed a consumer protection act in 1979 and the retailer has to replace your card with a new one if it is within the warranty period.

You are right Europeans are the worst for customer support and I live in one of the worst european countries where most people that live here are generally rude :mad:

Upvote 0
The next chapter.
So my cards were returned to the Europe factory on Nov 4th.
Now the 21st i STILL haven't recieved them.
I have also had no communications from EVGA Europe explaining what's going on.
To add insult to injury i was advised to email Joe Darwin the marketing director at EVGA USA & explain the problem to him. I did so on Nov 11th & have not recived a reply.
So i emailed the RMA support staff on Nov 14th explaining that i had emailed Joe & hadn't recieved an answer.
This to was ignored.
I have now emailed EVGA Europe again asking what the hell is going on & emailed the Customer service supervisor at EVGA USA.
I await the next anthralling chapter of this very sad situation.
XFX i'm sorry PLEASE forgive me :???:
Cheers.
Rob

Upvote 0
The next chapter.
So my cards were returned to the Europe factory on Nov 4th.
Now the 21st i STILL haven't recieved them.
I have also had no communications from EVGA Europe explaining what's going on.
To add insult to injury i was advised to email Joe Darwin the marketing director at EVGA USA & explain the problem to him. I did so on Nov 11th & have not recived a reply.
So i emailed the RMA support staff on Nov 14th explaining that i had emailed Joe & hadn't recieved an answer.
This to was ignored.
I have now emailed EVGA Europe again asking what the hell is going on & emailed the Customer service supervisor at EVGA USA.
I await the next anthralling chapter of this very sad situation.
XFX i'm sorry PLEASE forgive me :???:
Cheers.
Rob

Make a post in the General Discussion Forum and you will get a response, I dragged them over the coals when they screwed up my order one time and got $20 off, an aftermarket backplate for my cards, and a free tri-SLI bridge that is worth $20.

Just make your gripe public and do not swear.

I will back you up in your post and call shenanigans.

Upvote 0
Well the next chapter is here.
I recieved another email telling me my cards had yet again been returned to the factory.
This is probably not down to EVGA this time however.
On the funny side i was astounded to receive an email about a customer support form to fill in about their quality of support. HAHAHA
To make it worse this was the SECOND of such emails sent to me.
Below is my reply & yes i did order my new cards today.
Anyone need a doorstop? I have 2 for sale.
Cheers
Rob

I'm flabbergasted that you not only sent me this email, but actually send it twice!!!
The only reason i won't be filling this one in is there's no option for no stars on the form.
I have today ordered 2 x XFX GTX 280 GPU's which will replace both my obsolete & "dirty" EVGA cards.
Maybe next time someone spends

Upvote 0