• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Divided we fall? The future of RO.

pfff It's been said before, Ro has been dying since 1.1 (I think if chris has some cache of the old boards we could dig up at least 20 threads ;) )

coming from that period (with maybe a 100 regulars and 2 servers and when everybody knew eachother) Ro still feels crowded to me nowadays :D

so stop nagging and start playing, enjoy it while it still breathes :p

Upvote 0
Great games evolve with time, like this one has and hopefully will continue to do.
No offense to any of you all but RO was slowly killed by the same folks that brought it life.:eek: Hastily thrown together, too far and few in between updates. Updates that bogged and downgraded the RO experience... RO was and still really is just a mod for UT.
With no major financial backing, mods like RO rarely make it as far as this.
Any game dies when the fan base and the devs completely lose interest. The RO fan base has been dwindling because it has been starved for new content and proper upkeep by the devs.:eek: The new content that offshoot mods have provided has temporarily drawn away attention from ROs fan base at a perfect time for RO devs to be hard at work creating/finishing the new RO.
If and when the devs push out the new RO, we can expect to see a resurgence of attention toward their new game. Hopefully then RO:OST can be taken behind the barn and be put out of its misery.
Most RO players I know arent able to run/play the game anymore. One by one each stopped playing because the game eventualy stopped working or was unplayable. :confused: Proof positive that RO is still in mod phase? One can only hope that the 3rd times a charm for the devs.;)

Upvote 0
I have seen lot of feedback about integrateing mods to RO.

But you know what. When someone want to play Mare Nostrum or Darkest Hour he got latest version of it.
But if those are middle of RO map roll, some part of palyers dosent got that mod other part got old version and some of people just dosent like to play that mod and then half-part of people disconnect when mod map comes.
And that other part of players who stays got too less players to get good gameing experience. And in the end no-ones happy.

Upvote 0
OK...RO is a great game. I'm hooked. But if I ever find anything better, I'll be gone in a flash. RO is fun, but it's frustrating as hell. I don't care what the mods or admins or whoever says...I think the game has built in BS that makes it difficult for the Russians to get kills. Frankly, I get tired of shooting a German in the back a half dozen times, at 20 feet, and having him turn and shoot me. Or be prone behind some bush and have a German pick me off with a snapshot, while running, at 100 yds. It happens too many times for this to be just "luck". Oh, and one more *****. Tell me...do you REALLY REALLY think that a German machine gunner, sitting in a Panther, looking out a narrow slit, can spot a Russian crawling through a cornfield...at a half mile away? I mean...the guy must fill ONE WHOLE PIXEL!

As for DH...love that game too. But does every scenario have to be a one- sided slaughter? Somethings wrong when people are dying by the dozens on one side, and the other is running out of ammo. And what's the deal with Cheneux? Every history I've read says it was Americans who crossed 400 yds. of open terrain to take the town. Seems to me that whole scenario is backwards. As for many of the other scenarios, damn, open some hedges so people can move about. What is so damn fun about being funneled down a meat grinder? It's moronic.

Hey, but at least both of these are better than MN. What a mess. I always love playing a game where people are dying the moment they spawn. Or dying in the middle of defending a position because someone elses spawn shifted. Or looking at places that would offer good concealment or cover...and every damn one is "out of bounds" leaving me only one alternative...sit in the open and get killed. Yep...lots of fun...it's why I don't play anymore.

Upvote 0
It happens too many times for this to be just "luck". Oh, and one more *****. Tell me...do you REALLY REALLY think that a German machine gunner, sitting in a Panther, looking out a narrow slit, can spot a Russian crawling through a cornfield...at a half mile away? I mean...the guy must fill ONE WHOLE PIXEL!

You are aware that axis tank MG's have scopes?

Upvote 0
hmmm i really think its silly to say that the game has inbuilt bullet bias!! Also, how is Kauk an axis biast map? or zhito? or BDJ?

What about smg classes?? ppd vs mp? is the ppsh not biast? Each team have there own quirks such as clown cars and things but to say its programmed into the game itself is foolish at best.

Learn some things before posting please.

EDIT: Russian tanks. Angled, hull down t34. Point proven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see so many posts about bias'ed this way or that way for a particular map and not able to hit this or that.

Now usually it is a machine gunner saying this and when they realize it's not really a run and gun game to a certain extent like most other FPS games and that if you aren't short round bursting your really just silhouetting your enemy and you might get one bullet out of 30 to hit, even with your target sitting still...:D Unless you use some sort of cheat to minimize the recoil...

I can honestly say I can NOT play with anything else but a bolt... Every other gun there is just too much recoil. I do use the M1 though when in DH and have had no issues with it either because you can single shoot with it as well.

Now I know you stated you use the auto - same story when you just pop off all rounds one after another - unless you have the gun stabilized then it's usually deadly on the second round after missing your first, if you miss the first shot that is.

Now the next thing is play on a server with a ping far less than 120 and maybe you'll see how easy it is to hit something with just about anything.

Also with the machine gun on a half track - that's why you have tracers, you follow the big green line to your target...:D Could be red too I guess - depends on the team.

Now it doesn't matter what team I'm on or what map for that matter, the team as a whole has won. I've been in servers where people say the Russians NEVER win this map or the Germans never win that map and so on.

So at this point, AS ALWAYS, I state the facts, and that is, "I just played this map or that map the other day and we won this map easily". Then of course that person has to become a smart arse, so then I purposely jump teams and hope with some help we can prove it wrong and most of the time we have and as always I just laugh and say, "Now what were you saying???" Nothing I love more than a challenge...

Now when it comes to capping I will ALWAYS be in the zone, and with a good team we've won just about EVERY map made from Customs, Standards, and so on in EVERY version or MOD of the game thus far. Now there are a couple maps I've yet to play in DH but I'm sure we could win at those just as easily. It's all about the right players on the right team and you really can't lose...:D:D:D

I've yet to play something (RO, MN, DH) that I wasn't on a winning team and I can easily be on top with that single shot bolt action MOST of the time:p:p:p. Thus the reason after a long fought battle I'll state, "Just no match for the bolt action!!!"

I think some folks need to get into good servers with good pings with SKILLED players and learn some of what it takes to be good at this game as a whole - a good ping alone will increase your skill two fold, but the rest is up to you and your tactics...

Come on over to 2Manny's we'll be waiting for ya, either as a target or another skilled player... I and others need the challenge...:p

Upvote 0
Bluesbob and 7-Clown-7 are both right to some degree.

1) Biased maps:
I agree with bluesbob that some maps are biased. However, Clown is also correct when he says that any team can win any map if they use the right teamwork and communication. But there is a difference between biased and impossible.

2) Bullets don't register:
I would guess that most of the time players complain about this, it really is just poor aim. (Even when I get upset, I usually have to admit that it would be possible for me to miss at that distance)
However, it is an absolute fact that, from time-to-time, bullets simply don't register. Some never experience this, some do often.
I personally find that it happens one or two times a night (out of hundreds of shots), even on very low ping servers. I'm talking about dead-center to the chest from less than 10 meters with a bolt. That isn't poor aim.

Upvote 0
Bluesbob and 7-Clown-7 are both right to some degree.

1) Biased maps:
I agree with bluesbob that some maps are biased......

hang on a sec..

Just to clear this up - there's a inherent bias existing to some extent in all maps that we accept (or at least should learn to accept) in a historical game that represents different sides' firearms and armour's charicteristics in a fairly accurate fashion; and places them in realistic, asymetrical maps.

And then there's the bias that exists in Bluesbob's muddled mind -
you know the one where there's an global neo-nazi conspiracy, (headed up by a lowly, small games developer) to give german videogame characters Steve Austin* style bionic vision, heightened prone russian/shrubbery disernability and bullet-proof backs.

*the $6,000,000 one - not stone cold.

Upvote 0