• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Far Cry 2

I think I'll upgrade my graphics card if more games and mods start to use this engine. It seems really well optimized and most of all the pop up isn't as bad as in Crysis although that may be subjective.

And here, once again, come the fanboys who can't stand criticism about their favourite game. "z0mg they say bad thing about game!11!:(". You're probably not older than 17. If you were, you would respect other people's opinion even if you disagree with them. By the way, please show me where I said the game sucks.
So you didn't this time? Sorry I can't keep track of all your bull**** comments about rolled up sleeves and such. I remember that one though "please post proof of Germans with rolled up sleeves" lol. That was gold. If you didn't exactly want that reaction I gave you, you wouldn't have posted your oh-so mature fail comment, so stop crying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't give 2 ****s what people say about this game. It's fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQsXEJDlqU

EDIT: it seems video embedding is messed up right now.

The whole stripper clip in the bottom of the 03, and the mirroring is a bit silly, but **** me if the sound of that gun firing isn't sexy. I'll be purchasing this tomorrow morning and hopefully playing a lot after classes.

Upvote 0
So you didn't this time? Sorry I can't keep track of all your bull**** comments about rolled up sleeves and such. I remember that one though "please post proof of Germans with rolled up sleeves" lol. That was gold. If you didn't exactly want that reaction I gave you, you wouldn't have posted your oh-so mature fail comment, so stop crying.

Good job taking the rolled up sleeves thing seriously. No really, that's comedy gold. :D

Hey! Guess what! Some people have different opinions than yours. Learn to accept that or be ridiculed, the choice is entirely yours. Don't worry, it's all part of growing up.

Upvote 0
Sure... then I guess I'll have to take all your comments as jokes from now on. That's good because I tend to do that anyways. I guess your constant omg grow up comments sure show what a mature person you are though lol. For further discussions on my maturity feel free to PM me and let's leave this topic to what it is about: Far Cry 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HmDUsDykdM
I have yet been able to replicate that although I'm still trying to get a gnu to commit hilarious suicide :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Based on the FarCry2 forums this game was failure. Especially PC multiplayer, it seems they made the mp for consoles and then ported it to PC and what you get is:

- no server names in the lobby, just map names
- doesn't show your ping
- can't connect to servers if the game is in progress.
- game kicks you out of the server every 2 minutes.
- keybinds don't work
- mouse acceleration is hard coded in the game, way too sensitive
- only few servers(no wonder...)
- 8 vs 8 is max players count. Really fun to play huge outdoor maps, lol.

Also if you have widescreen the game cuts off the up and bottom part of the screen to make it look like a widescreen...

I don't have this game, everything I type here is based on what I read in the forums. But based on this I'm not getting this game, although I was really excited about the map editor.

That is the reason why I have just cancelled my preorder of Far Cry 2 and I have decided never to buy a game that has SecuROM. I'm not giving in to those Ubi bullies. Waiting patiently for TWI's next game :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After it became a bit repetive(sidequests mostly) about 15% through the game, it's now becoming more awesome again with the main quest really pulling on and more variety in terms of mission structure. Also I just entered the other half of the country/map, I didn't even know there is another half! So basically the game is twice as big as I originally thought it was, lol.

Upvote 0
Been playing since yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far.

The mouse look takes a bit of getting used to, can't put my finger on what's odd about it but it doesn't feel right at first.

Graphics are very good, running it completely maxed out and getting a nice fps.

The AI is good so far, find that I'm being flanked a lot. Only gripe is the amount of rounds it takes to kill an enemy, but as I'm unlocking/finding new weapons I'm noticing that dropping.

Also, if you want to unlock the 6 extra missions you were supposed to get by pre ordering the code is THaCupR4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been playing since yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far.

The mouse look takes a bit of getting used to, can't put my finger on what's odd about it but it doesn't feel right at first.

Graphics are very good, running it completely maxed out and getting a nice fps.

The AI is good so far, find that I'm being flanked a lot. Only gripe is the amount of rounds it takes to kill an enemy, but as I'm unlocking/finding new weapons I'm noticing that dropping.

Also, if you want to unlock the 6 extra missions you were supposed to get by pre ordering the code is THaCupR4.

Thanks. Where would one insert this code?

Upvote 0