• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Not Enough Virtual Mem Error

Yankee1950

Oct 20, 2008
Hi -

Whenever I select an RO map to play - I receive the following error message and then CTD:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2614 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (7519)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

I ran across a suggestion on another part of the forums that suggested going into Windows and setting the "virtual disk" allocation to system managed (which I did) but I still have the problem. I am running Win XP SP3, with "4 GBS" of memory and an AMD 5000+ processor. My primary drive appears to have plenty of free disk space (84 GBs). I have RO installed on my "D" drive which also has plenty of free space (227 GBS).
I access RO via STEAM so I assume that I have the latest RO updates (Lennigrad map etc.). I also have an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Video card with 512MGS of video memory.

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Yankee1950

Thanks - But Tried That Already

Thanks - But Tried That Already

Yoshiro:

Thanks for the reply - but as I said in my original post - I already tried both setting a "very large" amount of disk space (over 7 GBS) as my virtual drive and also tried letting Windows manage it - still get the same error when starting RO.

Any other thoughts - please let me know.

Thanks

Yankee1950

Upvote 0