• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Videogames Remakes thread

I thought of this one. Very creepy game, but kinda broken. Would be great on UE3.

pcg_call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth.jpg

Upvote 0
I would like to see EA Games' make a much improved version of Battlefield 1942.

Not remade into a WWII version of their other game Battlefield 2, but something different.

Of course, RO is a ton better that BF1942.

BF1942 was just ok in its vanilla form, offering arcade, unrealistic, WWII battle action.

I still play it in its modded form, mods like Forgotten Hope (FH) 0.7 and BattleGroup42 (BG42).

Those mods offer more realistic looking uniforms, new vehicles and airplanes, armies, and BG42 mod really improved the infantry weapons and added tank sights.

But it still is arcade style gameplay, and the tanks are unrealistic (you can fire the tank's gun and drive at the same time, for example).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
although there are plenty older games i'd like to see remade, with regards sequels add a vote for a nolf successor -
i'm playing 2 on the siberia mission at the mo, and getting well into it.
It's a really good sneaker, more so than i recall the 1st one being which i remember being more action based
I like the way the AI seems to react to opened windows/doors,cabinets/draws and lights being turned off etc. as well as footprints and sounds.
For a lighthearted game it's quite tense as it goes, and i'd like to see a 3rd outing.
You can't have too many good fpsneakers on the PC - so further sequels to deus ex and thief while we're at it please....

Upvote 0
Ahh yes, NOLF, excellent games the both of them, but for different reasons.

NOLF was just flat out hillarious, a big smile from start to finish, and quite inovative for its time, the only downside to the game was when missions required stealth, as its sneaking system was rather crude.

NOLF2 took the game mechanics and polished them good and propper, stealth was allways the way to go and it was fun! but unfortunately the game was a bit short, and some of its gags where not quite as funny as in the first one (still though, some truely hillarious moments in this one too!).

I would love to see more NOLF, but sadly, not only is it unlikely to happen, but it would probably also be a Console exclusive title if made today (like Uncharted was, made by the same company, and also, it was not funny).

Upvote 0
Call me old fashioned but Shogun Total war

Best gameplay of the series, needs destructible forts (burning down would be nice!).
Tweak the AI (like almost the whole following series still needs!)
Morale Honour etc skulduggery its all there.
then throw in tactics and a few Sword Saints! yeah!!!

Ahhhh (memories!....)

Oh but wait FAKK2
577.html
hmf2_02.jpg

:) That was good too.... what was the game about?...;-P

577.html

Upvote 0