• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

About a month ago I survived for about 12 minutes on the roof of searchlight building as russian MG on Leningrad. Must've gone through 14 or 15 boxes of ammo. I relied alot on my binocs for picking out enemy sharpshooters and proning targets. Got in between 15-25 guys in that one life. Needless to say they didn't cap the apartments. *crosses arms in satisfaction*

Upvote 0
Nowadays, whenever I play Berezina I always take the AT gun covering the bridge since no-one else does.

But anyway, one time that was pretty fun was when one of our tankers, Fooshie I think, hopped into the bogged down KV-1 that's just to the right of the bridge (most people still don't know you can use it). I was in the AT gun and we both sat there and demolished any and all troops and vehicles trying to sneak round the main 2nd Line. The funniest thing was they kept driving halftracks at us which were obviously no match for our AP shells :cool:.

So the point is; while it may be boring sometimes, having a couple of people cover the bridge could save a lot of lives that would be lost if it was left un-defended.

Upvote 0
couple days ago in leningrad, i was a german rifleman and ran out of ammo:D as i went thru the first 3 objs without dieing, had 56 points, so that was around 26 kills(not sure how many SL's or mgs or snipers i killed- they count for more pts right?)

after that i picked up a fallen kar and died under the bridge

all my kills were on 5th floor of anti tank, sewers, or roof of searchlight, fired some shots im bunker but didnt kill anyone and ran out of ammo

of course we still lost

Upvote 0
I was playing as a Russian KO on Krasnyi Oktyabr and had a ppd40 behind that big crate in the petrol yard after the germans had just taken it, and most of their team was wiped out, so they all spawned at about same time, so they all came out of the double door in the wall of the yard in front of me and somehow didn't notice me, i started firing and smiling to myself, till finally one of their men shot me. I took about 11 men with me though. LOL

Upvote 0
Yesterday in Leningrad,I was a tank crew man,and I killed 337 men in all.
:D

337kwv8.jpg

Upvote 0
A few more from Smolensk Stalemate:

With the initial rush to capture the village we Russians stormed into the buildings trying to fortify them dodging MG fire and enemy grenades. After a few bloody skirmishes the Germans overran us and a general retreat was ordered. I had been tied down in one of the buildings in an attempt to retreat but was cut off from my forces by an overwhelming number of Jerries. So I just holed up and crouched in the second floor waiting for the enemy to pass by and consolidate their hold in the village. After a few minutes I peer out the window and see spawning Germans rushing past me to their objectives. Perched my M38 Nagant on the window frame and made every shot count. Nearby artillery would conceal my weapon's report. I dropped about 28 before someone noticed and clobbered me.

Another round I was the DP gunner. We were pushed back to the ridge and fending off organized assaults and halftrack charges. I was covering the open field on the right flank when my comrades spotted a fully-loaded halftrack. The AT gunner was not present in this sector so it was up to me and a few rifle men. We pour at the HT from about 150 m when suddenly it stops and I get a death message. I hit the driver in the face through his open hatch. The Germans, instead of of taking seat in the drivers position, panic and scramble out of the HT. I mowed all 6 of them down mercilessly.

Upvote 0
/

/

By far mine was on CC while playing ardon, the useual thing happens, combat gets stuck at central defences, russian reinforcements run out, just before that fortunatly enough i managed to get the attention of the last survivors, we made a hasty retreat using anything we could to get back to the big church in ardon, by the time i got there all i could see were endless specs of russians retreating along the corn fields. any how about 17 of us managed to get back into the church and wait the inevitable. took the romanians quite a while to catch us, then all hell broke loose. arty, HE, MG and rifle fire on the church. we were holding, fire erupted in the church. 10 seconds to go, everyone spamming no retreat. 3 seconds to go, im last russian alive, the romanians are capping. that moment after looking at the time i noticed about 5 romanians looking at me with rifles. i was killed on the last second, we lose :(. one of my best battles ever by far.

Upvote 0
Rakowice

Rakowice

My haunting moment is in Rakowice defending the bunker at lower right of the bunker on the overhead map. While in the half track in the MG position, two Russians break cover maybe 300 yards out front and start running right to left towards house just north of bunker over the open road area. I start firing the MG and walk it into them and the doll physics have the first one crumple and then the second one crumple. It was so real looking and reminded me of the D-day invasion film showing the GI's storming the beach and crumpling after being hit. RO is just super for realism in the doll actions. Unbelievable! Still haunts me...:(

Upvote 0
Kriegstadt

Kriegstadt

Another memorable moment is in Kreigstadt in the final seconds of the game, a bunch of us Russians are hunkered down in the debris at the German side of the bridge, desperately trying to cap before time runs out. We're capping and about to win when the IS2 fires an HE round into the third floor building right side and blows a German out the window! With the doll physics he's spinning through the air and all 4 limbs start flailing at different speeds. It looks so real it's unbelievable! Then we cap and he's frozen in the air. I type out 'did anyone see that? that's so cool!' and a few other Russians had seen it. Pretty slick...RO physics are awesome!

Upvote 0
Final few minutes on Zhitomir 1941, I was defending as a Russian at the Warehouse, and both teams had 0% reinforcements. I had my trusty PPSH, and hosed an assaulting German, who had missed his chance at shooting me with his semi-auto. I saw a SVT-40 nearby, so picked it up, as I thought it'd be a better for defending with. All of a sudden, the Germans start capping the warehouse, having 2 men in the cap zone, and I get outside the building I was in, and see the 2 Germans who are capping it, and shoot them both, without being seen, with seconds before they'd have finished capping. That was so awesome, and immersive.

The result
Shot00115.jpg

Upvote 0
My favorite moment was pubbing on Leningrad. I was a Soviet rifleman and the Germans just capped Searchlight. So I ran across the street to the ruined buildings and made my way into the sewer. As I entered the sewer 3 riflemen and 1 SMG guy were sprinting towards me from around the corner. My bayonet was fixed and so I charged all of them. The riflemen were in front of the SMG so he couldnt full auto me. I zig-zagged and dogged rifle fire until I reached their line and stabbed on of the riflemen. I then stabbed the SMG guy. By then the remaining two riflemen fixed their bayonets and we began running in circles trying to stab each other. I eventually stabbed them both to death. So here I was, a simple rifleman who took out 4 guys without firing a single shot. And whats even better, a fellow pubber stood behind me without firing a single shot and just looking in awe at the scene that was unfolding. He commented me on my achivement and its a moment I will never forget.

Upvote 0
I have been playing RO on and off for years, many moments and instances get buned into your memory. One that stands out recently is something that happened the other day.

I was a Russian rifleman on Krasnyi Oktyabr, not having a particularly good game. However, I had managed to flank two Germans defending a sandbag, and I was in the process of sneaking up behind them. Wearing a grin like a kid in a sweet shop, I fixed bayonet in eager anticipation of the imminent slaughter. The hun was about to get a proper good sticking! Approaching the enemy closest to me, on the left, I drew back my rifle and released it, only to watch as the soldier was capped in the face by a sniper. In utter dismay, I turned to his buddy to look for a consolatory single bayonet kill, but as I watched he was mown down by MG fire. I had been robbed. To add insult to injury, a team-mate (believing the germans to still be alive, presumably) lobbed a grenage over the sandbag and blew me to pieces. Literally. I watched may limbs scatter about the immidiate vicinity as I contemplated how on earth this golden opportunity had turned into a disastrous mess.

After an already poor showing during the battle, this was enough to make me rather angry at the time; but in hindsight it must have been hilarious for those who watched me approach. Especially the damn sniper who robbed me blind. Daylight robbery, that.

:mad:

Upvote 0