• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Editing the weapon classes on a map

You want to change the class names, like renaming the Riflemen class into Grunt or change the skins of the soldiers?

If you want to do your very own custom loadouts you have to code them.

But maybe the DH mod offers you classes or whatever you need.

Go to the taskbar of the UnrealED and click on the small binoculars and then search for name DH something. I have no idea how the actor are called in the DH mod but it should be obvious if they are called DH.riflemen. americans or something like that. In these actors you can change the weapons which players can choose from before spawning.

The RO SDK manual explains this in more detail it can be found on this page in the download section. Look under RORoleinfo (maybe there is an actor called DHRoleinfo). Then save the map under a different name should be everything.

Upvote 0
I open ur map Foy 20 december, and i go to Actor Class Brower (The chess icon) And i go to RORoleInfo and there i see DH_RoleInfo, ROGERole, ROSURole and alot of other stuff i dont think i need to chg. I try at this point to go into DH_RoleInfo since this is a DH map.

Then i get a list of different armys, like DH_American_Units and DH_Ger_Heer and so on.. I go into the DH_ger_Heer. And now i get more things to open, like DH_Heer and DH_HeerArtilleryCrew and so on.. So i jst go into the DH_Heer.

And again i get a list of different classes, now i feel am rly closing in :p
I double click DH_WHAssault and a new window pops up, with some code i cant figure out, and nothing about what weapon or anything. What and where do i chg the weapons ? plz help me.

EDIT:
And i also need some help converting a .ROM map to a .rom.uz2 mapfile. So i can use it on a re-direct ftp server. So peeps can DL fast, when they join.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yup, you are looking in the wrong place.

look around in the map in top view, and find those big spawnrooms that each team has, and in the first room where players spawn you will see against the back wall a whole set of dragon head icons all lined up. those are the role-info actors, each roles has an icon. just double click on those.

btw, what exactly do you want to change?

Upvote 0