• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers use the Steam events notifications

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
The other day I got a notice of an RO event through Steam, I thought to myself why have we not been using this all along. Now I must admit I am a Steam novice so someone might fill in the details better here but I think it would be great to start setting up some events, mini campaigns, or advertise custom map nights. Then we could sign up for whatever interests each player and plan accordingly to meet. Server Admins could post a message on their servers to let the non forum users know of these event notifications.
Servers if you have an event try to stage it in two waves such as that EU could be one wave an NA could be another. I think a lot of NA players dont join EU server events because they think they missed it because it started much earlier than they could get on.
Just a thought hopefully others can help me to expand on what actually needs to be done to get rolling.

The other day I got a notice of an RO event through Steam, I thought to myself why have we not been using this all along. Now I must admit I am a Steam novice so someone might fill in the details better here but I think it would be great to start setting up some events, mini campaigns, or advertise custom map nights. Then we could sign up for whatever interests each player and plan accordingly to meet. Server Admins could post a message on their servers to let the non forum users know of these event notifications.
Servers if you have an event try to stage it in two waves such as that EU could be one wave an NA could be another. I think a lot of NA players dont join EU server events because they think they missed it because it started much earlier than they could get on.
Just a thought hopefully others can help me to expand on what actually needs to be done to get rolling.

Yeap.. I think some of this is due to alot of RO players never really getting used to the Steam Community features orginally; and relying more of the in-game server browser; etc.

The Mare Nostrum Fight Nights hosted by [50pc] have been advertised on Steam Community for some time.

Upvote 0