• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What am I doing wrong?

My problem isnt tactics or anything, its using RIFLES..not SMGS.....and not being able to SEE what i want to shoot at cuz its only a few pixels.....yet other people are nailing me from a mile away.

Is there a zoom feature im missing or what?

Think I should jsut go back to Armed Assaultt :(

You should keep at RO, its very rewarding. I, like Wilsonam have been playing RO for about 5 years, and am not the best rifleman. I do have my days though.

You will find yourself in situations where all you can see is a small bunch of pixels shooting at you, like everyone says it's a simple case of trying to avoid it.

With practice, you will get better at shooting tiny pockets of pixels, and you'll learn the maps so you know what areas to avoid...but whilst you're unable to do so its just about staying with other people on your team, or stick to cover.

Upvote 0
RO simulates real life fairly well.

Look for color changes. The face is a color that isn't normal in the surrounding vegetation. The uniforms also stand out. Learn the outline of the russian and german soldier, they are different. Look for those patterns in the terrain.

Look for muzzle flashes.
Look for the bump on a straight line of sandbags or wall or tree.
Look for movement.

Learn where you place the sight. Good sight picture is very important.
Learn how to lead a moving target.
Learn the distances. Most maps aren't more than 500 meters, extreme range for a rifle.

Learn to move from cover to cover. Remember that someone is probably waiting to shoot you around the next corner.

Don't bunch up, don't stand up in the open.

What can be seen can be hit. What can be hit can be killed.

Move slower, don't run everywhere.

Upvote 0
As a more than 45 year old fading reflexive player, I will warn to take very keen attention of your flanks, young man.:p

Everybody knows that once you turn fifty, though, you begin to slowly absorb gaming skills from the souls of a thousand dead buttonmashers.

I can't disagree more with people telling you to train offline. This game employs server-side hit detection, which aside from being extreme fail, means that each server has a unique "feel". Hitting a moving target may require significant leading and the only way to get used to this is playing there. Don't worry, there's only about three active US servers.

Upvote 0
Also, it is possible to crawl long distances, using the folds in the ground and arrive safely at your destination, on most maps. Some are better than others. Konigplatz is nice for covered and concealed routes.

Also remember that when facing tanks, once you are to their flanks, you are invisible. Hee hee hee. Nothng like giving a tank a steel enema.

You can download the maps and look at them, or move through them on practice mode. It's a good feature to use when learning about terrain.

Read, learn, and memorize the keystrokes for movement and the use of lean and range adjustment. You don't want to have to do that under fire. And get a USB headset with microphone, it's easier than texting your messages. And safer. Nothing is quite as irritating as typing an important message, and getting killed because your in text mode instead of movement.

Upvote 0
This is the best $10 game you will every buy. It may be hard to play, but you will not find a game out there where the kills are more rewarding as a result of it being hard. The first time you keep your cool with a bolt and kill 3 oncoming enemies who are shooting at you, you will almost jump for joy. Not to mention the best FPS kill in all gamedom...the butt stock boot to the head. :D

Upvote 0
Don't give up, this is the best $ I've ever spent on a game, period. And don't forget, FREE RO mods, like Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum, and Carpathean Crosses (the last might be "dead" ), give them a try too. And don't worry so much about getting "kills", there are more points in captures BTW ! See you on the battlefield, and don't hesitate to ask for help. TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0