• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

well ..

well ..

thank you fiftyone,really appreciated and worth a try :)
I got the same problem on my old PC while installing/patching ArmA,
thats why i saved the working patches so i dont have to hazzle with it again.
Why it doesnt work now regulary is pretty disappointing .

Btw its a DE(german) ArmA copy if anyone here got one too,he could send me the corrupting files or a link to patches that worked for him?

And i

Upvote 0
A hard nut to crack...

Some say: "disable one of your Cores while installing...

Some say: that temp (Window) files created while installing updates may be blocking the "normal continuation" of updating said files...(delete Win temp files).

I have seen that one user found a file similar to his/the 'config/user file' in My doc's folder but was unable to delete, unless in safe mode.
This fixed the problem.

Delete ArmA and everything you can find.
Go get CrapCleaner, get rid of all your cookies and crap and then (and only then) delete everything that is ArmA using the Registry Error tool.

Note: you will loose your login cookies in the process but they may be saved the next time you log in here for example, using the options /cookies
in the CC program.

Do you have an account over at the BIS forums ?
If not I will revive the subject quoting your original post (that should get em going).

If I was you I would do the CrapCleaner thing "twice is nice", when the error occurs, let it do its thing and then re-install the same patch (I saw that somewhere).

Patch 1.07 was a bad boy.

Err, if anyone know's the fix...

Upvote 0
Even more pics
ArmA2_01.png

ArmA2_02.png

ArmA2_03.png

ArmA2_04.png

ArmA2_05.png

ArmA2_06.png

ArmA2_08.png

ArmA2_10.png

ArmA2_11.png

ArmA2_14.png

Upvote 0
I've already got models in ArmA that will open up the MG's like that but will they actually go through the motions of loading the belt and charging the weapon?

Looks like they've finally animated the finger off of the trigger when the soldier isn't in combat. A nice little bit of realism. Now if they would only make the ejected shell casings have a bit more fling instead of just popping out of the gun I'd be happy.

Upvote 0
Ah, it's %90 same with ArmA. Except new toys which the community already does and AI enchancements which only concerns the infantry. Still, it's not a "simulator" except the infantry part. That video literally killed my interest.

This is why I'm looking forward for OFP2, it promises to be different.

Upvote 0
They've finally got wildlife in the "public" version! (they've had it in the mlitiary versions since OFP...) Hurray!

LOL. Yosh...

In the Editor select your Boar.
In Inizerlizaton/script...
Type,,,
This RemoveAllweapons ; this AddMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_stanagSD" ; this addWeapon "M4A1SD" this AddWeapon "Binocular" ;

You then got yourself one, Hot Hog :D

Upvote 0