• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Board game seized by UK police

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
"War On Terror board game seized by police"

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=338658

lol. You Brits need to start a revolution or something, it's getting quite rediculous.

terroristpopup_narrowweb__300x348,0.jpg

Here is the website: http://www.waronterrortheboardgame.com/

OMFG this has got to be a bl**dy joke! How stupid can law-enforcement get? :rolleyes:

I bought two of them last year, one for a stepbrother who's been to afghanistan, and he's actually played it with other soldiers at his school. It's a good and funny boardgame for people with a sense of humour, but with a serious message.

"Fight the long war in an evening" :p

Edit: looks like their site's been slashdotted to death:
http://entertainment.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/15/1453233

At least it's pretty good publicity :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently, it's a pretty old story, happened august the 1st, with articles in the UK press a few days after. But it was only slashdotted yesterday (the 15th), and their site overwhelmed by the traffic. I usually follow their blog but haven't for a while so I missed this story...

Funny slashdot comment ftw:
"Technically the spinner is a munition, developed specifically for US intelligence."

Intelligence lol.

The loot:
1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: looks like their site's been slashdotted to death:
http://entertainment.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/15/1453233

Yeah, that's where I got it from. I'm not a Slashdot reader at all, but every once in a while an interesting link pops up through the RSS feed, and this was one of them.

Bull**** government passed a bunch of anti terror laws and uses them to keep important information away from people or hide their mistakes.

I still think the UK is a great country, but your leaders... suck, to put it lightly. :D Recently, there was even a discussion whether kitchen knives with a sharp end should be banned or not! :eek: Then there's the CCTV following you everywhere, which doesn't really prevent crime anyway. All in the name of safety of course. "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will lose both and deserve neither.", Benjamin Franklin once said. Boy, is that more true than ever.

My mum used to knit balaclavas for me when i was a kid for the winter ( in the good ol days before global warming :p) you think I should report her :eek:

Clearly she's a terrorist! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still think the UK is a great country, but your leaders... suck, to put it lightly. :D Recently, there was even a discussion whether kitchen knives with a sharp end should be banned or not! :eek: Then there's the CCTV following you everywhere, which doesn't really prevent crime anyway. All in the name of safety of course. "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will lose both and deserve neither.", Benjamin Franklin once said. Boy, is that more true than ever.

Yeah, it could be a great country...but the way the government treats the populous, and the way the society is increasingly just, well wrong...doesn't help things.

After watching all of the HBO series "John Adams" I started reading a lot more of the writings of the "founding fathers", all of whom were extremely prolific, and speak extraordinary sense, even with regards to a modern society.

I'm firmly under the impression they would despise almost all modern government, and am disgusted by how they are portrayed always as heroes and great men, and yet their beliefs and their ideology are essentially spat on, almost on a daily basis.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it could be a great country...but the way the government treats the populous, and the way the society is increasingly just, well wrong...doesn't help things.

After watching all of the HBO series "John Adams" I started reading a lot more of the writings of the "founding fathers", all of whom were extremely prolific, and speak extraordinary sense, even with regards to a modern society.

I'm firmly under the impression they would despise almost all modern government, and am disgusted by how they are portrayed always as heroes and great men, and yet their beliefs and their ideology are essentially spat on, almost on a daily basis.

I AGREE with you.
Read my Sig. Same can be said for UK.

Upvote 0

<3

I am glad The English aren't all rooting for the Red Coats when they watch movies about The Revolution. :p Somehow I picture all you Brits shouting at the screen "hang the treasonous bastards!"

You guys need your guns back before you can really Do anything. lol

Upvote 0
All in the name of safety of course. "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will lose both and deserve neither.", Benjamin Franklin once said. Boy, is that more true than ever.
Boy isn't it? Benjamin Franklin sure knew what was what didn't he?

I am worried for you guys in the UK. Sure, the same scary "Big Brother" **** is happening in countries all over the world including the US, but it seems to be on the fast track across the ocean for you guys.

Upvote 0
<3

I am glad The English aren't all rooting for the Red Coats when they watch movies about The Revolution. :p Somehow I picture all you Brits shouting at the screen "hang the treasonous bastards!"

You guys need your guns back before you can really Do anything. lol

Nah, we usually just wait till the end of the film and say "Meh, didn't want the place anyway" :(

Upvote 0